Winner of an Apple Design Award 2013!
See the weather like never before - only Yahoo Weather combines stunning photos with accurate forecasts across iPhone and iPad.
Experience the weather - Yahoo Weather’s immersive experience makes checking and sharing the weather inspiring and entertaining.
- Beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition
- Experience weather conditions for rain, snow, fog and extreme heat with animated weather effects
- Detailed weather information and forecasts
- Interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps, plus sunrise/sunset times
- Swipe vertically for detailed weather information and horizontally for favorite locations
- Enable notifications for Severe Weather Alerts (U.S. cities only) by visiting "Settings" in the sidebar
- Submit photos to the app at Project Weather on Flickr
“The app provides forecasts, heat and wind maps and sunrise/sunset times among other features, with the twist that this data is accompanied by full-screen photos from that location, pulled from Yahoo's Flickr photo-sharing service.” - The Guardian
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Add the option to have it AD free.
I’ve been using this weather app for a while and it seems to be just as accurate as any other app since they all use the same data, However, I really like the design of this app.
The adverts ruin the appeal of the clean design.
I would be really happy if you added the option to pay to have an ad free version, I would be happy to pay up to £6.
All style, inaccurate content
I've verified time and again that the forecasts are usually wrong. Sometimes more than others. But this summer it became obvious, with the temperature extremes, that time and again the forecast temperatures were just plain wrong. Today was the last straw when it was off by 8C! That is a lot!
Also, the ads are just too intrusive. There are much more accurate weather apps out there, e.g. WeatherPro, which is also free, has no ads, and is much more accurate (the most accurate I've found — yes I was sad enough to trial and record forecasts from a few weather apps side-by-side for a couple of months, to check which was most accurate).
Yahoo weather is my default app for weather simply because it is the most reliable weather app I have used in the past 10 years or so.
It is also informative, giving clear and quick-to-access aspects of the weather via attractive images and data.
Consequently it helps manage my lifestyle, enabling me to plan & prioritise much more effectively than ever before.
- Yahoo! Inc.
- 119.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright (C) 2013, Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.