Windy (also known as Windyty) is an extraordinary tool for weather forecast visualization. This fast, intuitive, detailed, and accurate weather app is trusted by professional pilots, paragliders, skydivers, kiters, surfers, boaters, fishermen, storm chasers, and weather geeks, as well as by governments, army staff and rescue teams.
Whether you are tracking a tropical storm or potential severe weather, planning a trip, pursuing your favorite outdoor sport, or you just need to know if it will rain this weekend, Windy provides you with the most up-to-date weather forecast around.
The uniqueness of Windy lies in the fact that it brings you better quality information than the other weather apps’ pro-features, while our product is absolutely free to use and ad-free as well.
Powerful, smooth, and fluid presentation makes weather forecasting a real pleasure!
ALL FORECAST MODELS SIMULTANEOUSLY
Windy brings you all the world's leading weather forecasting models: global ECMWF and GFS, plus local NEMS, AROME and ICON (for Europe) and NAM (for the USA).
It couldn’t be easier: Just compare all the available models at once and make better decisions!
GLOBAL SATELLITE COMPOSITE
Satellite images from NOAA, EUMETSAT, and JMA’s Himawari in one composite covering the whole world. Images every 5 minutes in Europe with great resolution 1km and 10 - 15 minutes for other parts of the world.
RAIN RADAR COMPOSITE
Doppler radar covering North America, Islands in the Caribbean, Europe, Australia, and a large part of Asia.
+40 DIFFERENT WEATHER MAPS
From wind, rain, temperature, humidity, and pressure to swell or CAPE index, with Windy you will have all convenient weather maps right at your fingertips.
Windy lets you display observed wind and temperature, forecasted weather, airports around the World, paragliding spots, kiting and surfing spots or nearby webcams right on the map.
For any location on the map you can display the following detailed weather information:
• Basic forecast – temperature, rain and snow accumulation, wind speed, wind gusts and wind direction
• Wind comparison – comparing weather models simultaneously
• Meteogram – temperature and dew point, wind speed and wind gusts, pressure, precipitation, altitude cloud cover, cloud base
• Airgram – wind barbs, temperature and cloud cover at different altitudes
• Waves forecast – wind direction, wind speed and wind gusts, wave direction and wave height, swell direction and swell height, swell period
For any place on Earth, you can set an alert for your 'desired weather.' These alerts consider a number of weather conditions: wind, waves, rain, new snow, temperature, clouds, time/duration, and forecast model settings.
FEATURES AND DATA SOURCES
• All the leading weather forecast models: ECMWF, GFS by NOAA, NEMS, AROME, ICON, and NAM
• 16 altitude levels from surface to 13.5km/FL450
• Altitude and Timezone info, Sunrise and Sunset time for any place
• Nearby weather stations – Real-time observed weather such as wind direction, wind speed, and reported temperature
• 50k+ Airports searchable by ICAO and IATA, including runway info, decoded & raw METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
• Webcams for every location
• Translated into 40 languages
...and many more
GET IN TOUCH
Join us at community.windy.com to discuss weather-related topics, report a bug, or suggest a new feature.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
• Facebook: facebook.com/windyforecast
• Twitter: twitter.com/windyforecast
• Instagram: instagram.com/windy_forecast
WINDY DONATE is a voluntary contribution to Windyty, SE. Contribution does not entitle user to any special function of Windy.com app. Windy.com app provides access to all and full functions even without the contribution.
A WINDY DONATE payment will be charged to the iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.windy.com/terms-of-use
This is the app i cannot live without. It is so accurate in all the countries i visit. It is a shame Hong Kong Observatory (HKO) is not using this system, no wonder HKO is always wrong with weather prediction.
Flash Exit in new version
The Apps is good, but Flash exit in new version. I cannot open your apps now!
Great info provided in a gorgeous interface
The best weather app out there with so many different layers!