Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit colour
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organised
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favourite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with your Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects - Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Colour Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Colour Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
This update has performance improvements and even more layers for the new M1 iPad Pros.
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
No Procreate, No iPad!
I don’t know how will be a future of digital drawing without Procreate... so intuitive UI, so easy to manage all.
Thanks for make settings for left handed people like me! Many Apps for sketching and drawings don’t have such option (Adobe first for example).
So one day if Procreate will cease to exist I will stop use iPad definitely!
“locked” layer size and layer number
You guys rock! I love using your app and with every upgrade you are affirming your leading place as drawing/creative tool for iPads
So far only limiting things I experienced while using it are
1. Limited number of layers. I understand there is a reason for it but I hope that some time in the future updates it is going to increase.
2. This one is even more important to me.
I found out that, whenever I experiment with the size and position of one layer (or better said - drawn object) I miss the option of somehow “locking” the layer size (something equivalent to PS smart object) which will preserve the original size of the layer content and make it adjustable without loosing it’s quality after increasing the size. Many of times it is required of us designers/artists to adjust the sizes of the elements additionally. This kind of limitation makes us migrating our working files in PS in order to finish it, and it is ok and doable, but it tends to place Procreate in a position of sketch tool, rather than a pro tool (which, many times, you are already proved to be).
Thank you in advance!
Developer Response ,
Edited: Hi tamaranth - Thanks so much for your review! It's fantastic to hear that you enjoy using Procreate. ❤️
We chose to introduce a canvas size limit to ensure the fastest and most stable user performance in Procreate. This layer limit dependant on the available RAM on the iPads and the working power. As iPads get more powerful, so will Procreate. We're always working on getting the most out of the iPad's performance.
If there are any tools or features you would like to see in future versions of Procreate, you might like to add your support to the relevant posts on the Ideas & Suggestions board on the Procreate Discussions. Any suggestions that gain enough user support is something that may be considered for a future release. (https://folio.procreate.art/discussions/3)
Hey there - thank you for your review! Currently we're not able to increase the layers of Procreate and keep the software stable, but thank you for your feedback!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 326.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
- 89,99 kn
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.