Sketch, paint, create.
Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Loved by creative pros and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering 100s of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine — Procreate has everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, the train, the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It’s a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 8k on compatible iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- 3D Painting with Lighting Studio and Animated Export
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- Continuous auto-save — never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets to organize your painting, sketching and drawing brushes
- Over 100 customisable settings for every brush
- Add Metallic and Roughness for painting in 3D
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline and stabilisation smooth out strokes for beautiful calligraphy and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Accessibility features:
- Advanced stroke stabilisation
- Dynamic Type, VoiceOver and Feedback Sounds
- Assignable single finger gestures
- Colour naming
• Animation and Page Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with customisable onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Sketch page-by-page concepts or begin a comic with Page Assist
- Import, edit and share PDFs
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects
- Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a shorter 30-second Time-lapse on your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, OBJ, USDZ, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
Selamat datang to Malay and Indonesian speakers!
Procreate also welcomes some bug fixes:
• Importing portrait images from iPhone into Reference Companion will no longer stretch
• Fix for flicking across your Gradient Maps or Animation Assist to rapidly scroll
• Support for .jpf and .m4v
• Your default colour palette is always visible when switching between Compact and Cards
If you want to keep drawing on your layer without Drawing Assist, tap the assisted layer twice and tap Drawing Assist from the Layers Options menu to turn it off.
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Good, but i miss some things
First of all, i really appreciate this app, it is very diverse in features for “just” an ipad app. It is very useful during my university work, and I know it is not Photoshop, but I think it could use some of its features. For example pdf import... I don’t understand that it can export in pdf, but not importing it. I regularly have to convert them to other file formats before importing. Snapping, or aligning to grid would be useful too (for centering images precisely). And for last, allowing to draw perfect shapes (perfet circle for example, not ellipse) would be nice too. There are workarounds for all of these lacking features, but it would be nice to add them.
Edit: Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it!
Developer Response ,
Edited 7/4 - thank *you* prorolleres for being a supporter and letting us know how we can do better. :D
Hey prorolleres - Procreate has snapping in the Transform menu. You can read more about it in the Handbook at https://procreate.art/handbook/procreate/transform/snapping/?section. You can also make perfect circles - If the shape you create is unequal, keep holding it, and place a second finger on the canvas. Doing this turns a rectangle into a square, an oval into a circle, or an uneven triangle into an equilateral one.
We appreciate your feedback in regards to PDF imports, we will keep this in mind. ❤️
First thing I downloaded for my new iPad and I’m not disappointed. For the price you get some really handy tools with easy to understand interface.
The only thing I’m missing is transformation tools(like perspective, warp, etc.) and effects(like glowing edges and so on).
Hopefully they will add them in future updates but I’m satisfied with the software despite the absence of some features.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 583.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 15.4.1 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.