Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block are back in this follow-up to the award-winning Couch to 5K® training app (2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness app). Designed to continue the training experience for people who finish the Couch to 5K plan, or for those who are already 5K-ready, this app uses motivating virtual coaches to get you ready to run a 10K (6.2-mile) race in 9 weeks.
Spend just 25 to 70 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be 10K-ready!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The 5K to 10K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, 5K to 10K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
Get more information about the 5K to 10K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/5k-to-10k-app
For support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com We would love to hear from you.
• Choose from 3 different virtual coaches—Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block — who give you motivation and support in every workout
• Hear real-human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 4 or later and iOS 7.0 or greater)
• Gradually challenge yourself with progressively faster paces
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
• Once you purchase the app, it is yours to keep. It does not expire after 9 weeks.
- Apple Watch support is temporarily removed from the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect app to change your life!
Such a great app! Beautifully transitions you into a healthy mind frame for keeping fit and builds confidence in you throughout. I started with the couch to 5k last summer and got the 5-10k this summer and I can't be more thankful with my results!
Quite good, about 3.5 out of 5
It's a pity that you don't have the option to see or select the map and distance/pace as you're going along; it doesn't call out distance/pace etc per km (as my understanding is that it's supposed to?); the ability to change the map to satellite/terrain would be nice; once the cooldown finishes it should also drop a marker for the final portion of km you've just completed - because I don't tend to finish spot on a full km; it lists the distance you've walked and run separately on the workout complete screen, but yet adds them both together for the "I've just run X with this programme" segment - why? (I know I can edit it, but seeing as it's just told me how far I've run I shouldn't have to!); and if only it would keep tracking my time/distance after the timer hits zero, as I'm sure not everyone reaches the front door just as the timer runs out?!!
- Active Network, LLC
- 97.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Active Network, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.