Cork City Park by Phone is a new and improved way to pay for parking in Cork City. Cork City Council, in conjunction with our partners ParkMagic, has built on our existing Pay by Phone Service to ensure we continue to provide a convenient way to pay for parking for shoppers and visitors to our city.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good concept, poorly executed.
I’m glad this app has been developed but there are a lot of areas this could improve.
- multiple (saved) cars
- language (credit account, would be clearer if it just said ‘pay’)
- a top up processing fee is very dated and will possibly lead to me not using the app
- a 20c fee for a reminder of when your parking expires is outrageous - this should be free and should be a push notification from the app
- branding should be under the cork city council umbrella, it’s just inconsistent and confusing
- some sort of perk for using the app could improve adoption. I.e park 5 times get a 6th time free or 15 min free parking.
- topping up is outdated too, a metered billing option would be much nicer. I.e. park 6 times in a month, get billed €12 that month, park is 20 times, get billed €40. This would also reduce your payment processing costs as you would be bundling parking fees into on transaction a month.
I really hope you take some of this feedback on board. Best of luck with future development.
Slow, buggy and unreliable
Quite a poor quality app. It’s slow, buggy and randomly logs you out from time to time. Also, for the second time, it’s ‘Forgot Password’ function ( after random logout) doesn’t work. I’ve tried over a dozen times in the last week and still haven’t got a reset email. All in all (and especially compared to the Dublin Parking Tag app) it’s has the feel of something coded but a college student in their bedroom as opposed to a professional piece of work.
Beyond poor coding (and likely the app developers control) it’s ridiculous that you can only pay for parking in €2 chunks - unlike the dublin Parking Tag app where you can get just a few minutes of parking as needed.
Also, let’s not forget that this app charges you €0.20 for an SMS ‘reminder’ - this is such blatant scamming - the app is on a phone.. which has a clock.. but no.. they want that extra pound of flesh ( well, 20c of it anyway) for a SMS.
Not a choice for Cork visitors
I just tried to jump through the hoops to pay for parking in a random location. I just wanted to eat in a cafe. No parking meters around so I tried the app. Went through multiple steps to try and pay but then I cannot pay directly with a card. I have to top up to be able to pay and the process involves a fee. Not to mention that you have to be careful when selecting your parking place in a map.
Good luck with tourists!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Park Magic Mobile Solutions Ltd
- 101.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 ParkMagic Mobile Solutions LTD