Cork City Park by Phone is a new and improved way to pay for parking in Cork City. Cork City Council, in conjunction with our partners ParkMagic, has built on our existing Pay by Phone Service to ensure we continue to provide a convenient way to pay for parking for shoppers and visitors to our city.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good concept, poorly executed.
I’m glad this app has been developed but there are a lot of areas this could improve.
- multiple (saved) cars
- language (credit account, would be clearer if it just said ‘pay’)
- a top up processing fee is very dated and will possibly lead to me not using the app
- a 20c fee for a reminder of when your parking expires is outrageous - this should be free and should be a push notification from the app
- branding should be under the cork city council umbrella, it’s just inconsistent and confusing
- some sort of perk for using the app could improve adoption. I.e park 5 times get a 6th time free or 15 min free parking.
- topping up is outdated too, a metered billing option would be much nicer. I.e. park 6 times in a month, get billed €12 that month, park is 20 times, get billed €40. This would also reduce your payment processing costs as you would be bundling parking fees into on transaction a month.
I really hope you take some of this feedback on board. Best of luck with future development.
Slow, buggy and unreliable
Quite a poor quality app. It’s slow, buggy and randomly logs you out from time to time. Also, for the second time, it’s ‘Forgot Password’ function ( after random logout) doesn’t work. I’ve tried over a dozen times in the last week and still haven’t got a reset email. All in all (and especially compared to the Dublin Parking Tag app) it’s has the feel of something coded but a college student in their bedroom as opposed to a professional piece of work.
Beyond poor coding (and likely the app developers control) it’s ridiculous that you can only pay for parking in €2 chunks - unlike the dublin Parking Tag app where you can get just a few minutes of parking as needed.
Also, let’s not forget that this app charges you €0.20 for an SMS ‘reminder’ - this is such blatant scamming - the app is on a phone.. which has a clock.. but no.. they want that extra pound of flesh ( well, 20c of it anyway) for a SMS.
Top up option only works for €10 at a time?
No response from email address given on the actual app to my complaint, as follows-
if I want to top-up in your app, all is ok if I select the default of €10. However, if I try to edit the amount to say, €30, the app will not let me continue on, because the virtual keyboard in the app just blocks the bottom half of the screen where the card top up buttons are situated !!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.