Are you curious about what Van Gogh’s 'Starry Night' looks like up close? Or the difference between modern and contemporary art? Would you like to wander around a museum halfway across the world?
With Google Arts & Culture you can visit top exhibits, zoom in on artworks in mind-blowing detail and browse thousands of stories, photos, videos, and manuscripts. Be your own curator by finding your favourites, creating your own collections and sharing them with friends. Travel anywhere with tours of iconic sites, famous buildings and natural wonders, on your screen or in VR. Learn something new every day.
Google Arts & Culture has collaborated with over 1,200 museums, galleries and institutions in 70 countries to make their exhibits available for everyone online. Start exploring, now.
• Zoom views – Experience every detail of the world’s greatest treasures
• Virtual Reality – Grab your Google Cardboard viewer and immerse yourself in arts and culture
• Browse by time and colour – Explore artworks by filtering them by colour or time period
• Virtual tours – Step inside the most famous museums in the world and visit iconic landmarks
• Personal collection – Save your favourite artworks and share your collections with friends and students
• Nearby – Find museums and cultural events around you
• Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
• Daily digest – Learn something new every time you open the app
• Art Recogniser – When visiting a museum you can now point your device camera at artworks to learn more about them, even when offline (at select museums)
• Notifications – Subscribe to receive updates about the top arts & culture stories
• Translate – Use the translate button to read exhibits from around the world in your language
• Location: Needed to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
• Camera: Needed to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
• Art Transfer – Can you recognise the artists behind iconic styles? (Re)discover artworks from famous artists like Frida Kahlo, Keith Haring or Katsushika Hokusai. Tap the camera icon and get inspired by Art Transfer.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No back button
Fantastic app. Surfaces great art content from all over the world. So much to learn and experience. I couldn’t care less about the selfie feature but why oh why is there no back button? So many times, deep in some interesting corner of the app/world of art, I’ve accidentally clicked what looks like the back button at the top left to completely lose everything I was looking at. Re-browsing is no fun solution. Strange omission.
Nothing in Cork on the app
Nearest ‘nearby’ recommendation was in Dublin, 140 miles away.
Couldn't find the portrait thing
Where is the portrait option? The thumbnail doesn't appear for me. Very disappointed
- Google LLC
- 99.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Cambodian, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Google, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.