With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Instantly create Magic Movies
• With just a few taps, you can create and share a beautiful, custom video
• Select an album or group of videos or images and iMovie will create a video for you — no video editing required — with titles, transitions and music
• Easily rearrange or delete clips in the simplified shot list
• Apply a different style to change the look and feel of the whole video
Learn storytelling with Storyboards
• Choose from 20 Storyboards that help you get started with popular video types
• Record video or take photos into each placeholder clip, or add media from your Photos library
• Add, reorder and delete clips as needed to organise and customise your story
• Apply a dynamic visual style that include title layouts, fonts, filters, colour palettes and music
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select videos and photos for your trailer or record video directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, colour, size, location and more
• Add solid, gradient and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 or later
• Add, adjust and delete focus points and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture-in-picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Select from more than 130 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Transfer projects between your iPhone and iPad using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send projects to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video full screen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export videos optimised for Instagram, YouTube and other popular video destinations
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
• Apply four new dynamic styles that include title layouts, fonts, filters, colour palettes and music to Magic Movie or Storyboard movies
• Fixes an issue where media from a Photos album would be placed in non-chronological order in a Magic Movie project
• Fixes an issue in which Magic Movie and Storyboard movies in the viewer would not appear on external displays during playback
• Includes stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I love the app it’s really good. I’ve hade it for 2 years now i think 🤔 but the only things are that 1st it won’t let me update the app and 2nd Because it wouldn’t update i tried deleting the app so i could re-install and yes i am aware that i will lose all my data unless stored on iCloud but now I cannot even download it again. The iCloud icon is all grey and i don’t know why. If you know please reply and give me a shout. Overall the app is amazing. It works well, it’s easy and simple, able to store In iCloud and the layout is quite simple.
iMovie is the best video editing and movie making app I have ever used.
I have been using it for over 2 years now making movies with friends and have only ever experienced one minor problem. My only issue is that when making a movie trailer iMovie will only display some of the video which can result in someones head not being fully shown etc. However it still an amazing app with many great features and best of all it is absolutely FREE! I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Apple Music issue
I love this app for editing but when I go to use songs I add to my Apple Music library it says it’s drm protected and it can’t be used with iMovie. It only works with purchased songs. The absolutely ridiculous thing is that I am subscribed to Apple Music and it’s ridiculous I am paying 9.99 a month and I can’t even use my music in iMovie. Please fix this issue. Until it’s fixed I can’t rate iMovie 5 stars
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 594.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.