With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion and fast-forward*
• Easily add picture in picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music that automatically adjusts to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video fullscreen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60***
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop****
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV*****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and later devices.
** Requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or iPad Pro (2017) or later
*** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and later devices.
**** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation) and later devices.
***** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
• Use iMovie on iPad with Magic Keyboard, a mouse or a trackpad for a new way to create movies and trailers (requires iPadOS 13.4)
• Use keyboard shortcuts to toggle between the five inspector modes when a clip is selected: Action, Speed adjustments, Volume, Titles and Filters
• Use keyboard shortcuts to quickly rotate video 90 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise
• Tap the Download All button at the top of the soundtracks list to download all bundled soundtracks at once
• Add PNG, GIF, TIFF and BMP files to your movie
• Performance and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love the app it’s really good. I’ve hade it for 2 years now i think 🤔 but the only things are that 1st it won’t let me update the app and 2nd Because it wouldn’t update i tried deleting the app so i could re-install and yes i am aware that i will lose all my data unless stored on iCloud but now I cannot even download it again. The iCloud icon is all grey and i don’t know why. If you know please reply and give me a shout. Overall the app is amazing. It works well, it’s easy and simple, able to store In iCloud and the layout is quite simple.
iMovie is the best video editing and movie making app I have ever used.
I have been using it for over 2 years now making movies with friends and have only ever experienced one minor problem. My only issue is that when making a movie trailer iMovie will only display some of the video which can result in someones head not being fully shown etc. However it still an amazing app with many great features and best of all it is absolutely FREE! I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Ah that’s hot that’s hot
It’s easy, allowing people of all ages to enjoy and create their favorite videos in the click of a finger. It’s useful for last minute gifts to! (Ya kno the ones where you get a text off your friend sayin stuff about how their party is gonna be lit and your like I forgot and you didn’t get them a gift) well just throw a couple shrek images or somethin and type your my best friend and kaboom now you got a lit video to show the fam thank me later😂
- Apple Distribution International
- 619.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.