#1 Free News App in Ireland
TheJournal.ie is the future of news in Ireland. The multi-award winning news website provides up-to-the-minute breaking news, all day, every day. We tell our stories through word, video, pictures, polls and readers' comments.
"Best Addition to Irish Media" - Ian Dempsey
"Flawless Coverage" - Ryan Tubridy
"The Future" - Mike Butcher, TechCrunch Europe
"I highly recommend you download It" - Des Bishop
We've also won a lot of awards:
- "Rising Star" - Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2014
- "Best Mobile App" - Eircom Spiders 2012
- "Best Web Only Publication" - Irish Web Awards 2012
- "Best Sports Website" - Irish Web Awards 2012
- "Best News Website" - Eircom Spiders 2011
- "Best Digital Editor - Susan Daly" - Eircom Spiders 2011
- "Overall Grand Prix Winner" - Eircom Spiders 2011
- "Best Online Only Publication" - Irish Web Awards 2011
- "Best Overall Website in Ireland" - Irish Web Awards 2011
- "Best Media/Publishing App" - The Appys 2011
> Download now for Free
- Breaking news and opinion from Ireland and around the web
- Submit photos and video directly to our journalists from your phone
- View slideshows
- Vote in our polls
- Comment on our stories
- Watch embedded videos from youtube and videos submitted by our users
- Tweet articles directly from the app
- Share articles with your friends on facebook
- Email articles to friends
- Search for a topic or specific article
- Get Sports, Business and Entertainment coverage from our sister publications: TheScore, BusinessETC and TheDailyEdge
Follow us on twitter @thejournal_ie or www.facebook.com/thejournal.ie to get the latest news
- Fixed Polls not working for some users
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
My voice of 🇮🇪 to keep me informed 🙂
Very informative, has me turning on to this App first thing in the morning and then on constantly during the day. Before I retire for the night too, so yes I often flip into theJournal to feed me with information they so perfectly give to me and many others. As for the opinions! Mostly true to point and sensible, but you get the odd airhead replies that are not needed. Look forward to Money Diaries every Sunday it seems now. It’s the last item I read before bed. Thanks a million J.ie 👍
Full Screen Adverts, Broken User Accounts, & Woefully Plagued
Total waste of time. Can’t log in, can’t leave comments, they don’t respond to issues when you contact them about it. Even while writing this review I couldn’t see the test I am writing - I had to guess whether I am spelling things right and not being autocorrected but wistale. Pure shirt
Secondly, you will need mobile phone number and a Facebook, or Twitter, account to use the comments. Even then this might not work. I don’t use either social network, so I had to create a Twitter account. I struggled to successfully post any comments on their website, until I downloaded this app. Then, when I downloaded the app, logged into my (new) Twitter account through the app, then tried to leave a comment, it then asked me for a telephone number to verify my account. After doing this once, my comment successfully posted. Now, every time I try to comment, it continues to ask me for my mobile number. When I put my mobile number in it just tells me that my number is already in use with a user account, and won’t post what I write.
Woefully plagued website/app which is milking its reader base without fixing its issues.
Clear, factual & easy to read
The Journal articles are clear, factual and easy to read. I like the range of subjects covered. I have stopped looking at the comments, as they can be open to some nasty arguments which makes me question why comments are allowed.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daft Media Ltd.
- 129.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Journal Media
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.