Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
STREAMLINE YOUR WORKFLOW
• Become fully paper-free, in the classroom, office, and at home.
• Complete, sign, and share documents in Notability.
• Drag and Drop to move files, text, photos, GIFs, web pages, and more from other apps into Notability with Multitasking.
• Secure and lock your notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH WITH BEAUTIFUL INK
• Fully express your artistic side with custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Ink is fine-tuned for 1st and 2nd generation Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
SAVE TIME WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Multi-Note lets you work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Notability includes full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so your information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable PDFs using OCR Document Scanning.
• Share notes via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, and more, or share note content to other apps with Drag and Drop.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so during playback you can listen to what was happening as you wrote.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
- Added a menu (besides paste) to insert the last recently added photo in your photo library
- Fixed an issue where images could disappear after import
- Fixed an issue where handwriting could shift after importing an image
- Fixed issue where converted text could use a very small font
- Improved usability when working with PDF Links
- Removed the extraneous file extension appended to imported notes from cloud services
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Suggestions for improving the translation of words in the application in conjunction with Google Translation. You can change the writing settings in languages that are written from right to left. Option to convert formulas such as text. Option to mark a marker that will mark in a linear way like a marker and not only in a round shape. Option to work with two pages of the same topic in parallel with The display is divided into two screens. The option to crop and design a picture taken manually by the user's choice.
Good app, but
This app is very flowing and has a really nice feel, but some essentials are missing.
1. Easier basic shape option, the app has the ‘add figure’ option which is really not comfortable using, and it has a solid background that hides the paper type, making precise drawing not possible. Instead the app should have a tab with a few basic shapes (circle ellipse arrows etc) that can be quickly drawn on the paper without hiding the background, like notes plus for example.
2. A precise eraser option, the current eraser is one size and it erase the entire line you drew, even if just touch it slightly, most of the time it’s a nice feature, but sometimes you need to make a small fix and you can’t do that because of the way the eraser works.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 260.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Winter ₪3.50
- Bubblegum Pack ₪6.90
- Spring ₪3.50
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.