The 112 SOS Mobile App is a part of the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS), a Govt of India initiative.
The application is functional in most of the states in India. Visit https://112.gov.in/states
* Currently launched in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Nagland, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu only.
The App will be launched soon in the rest of the states.
In an emergency situation, a person in distress may seek for the assistance of local emergency service delivery departments and volunteers through the App. The App will send emergency alerts with the user's details(name, age, emergency contacts) and location information, along with a generated call to ‘112’ - to the State Emergency Control Room and the person’s emergency contacts. The system forwards the emergency alert to nearby online local volunteers if available. The emergency alert is notified with an audible sound/ visual alert on the volunteer smartphones. The volunteers can mark their consent to help and the volunteer details along with photo and contact number will be forwarded to the person in distress.
* Providing single panic app across the country for addressing citizen emergency.
* Providing 24 x 7, efficient and effective response system, which can involve local volunteers from citizens to provide efficient emergency response service
* Timely dispatch of field resources (police, health, fire & disaster management) to the location of incidence using the system.
* Integration with existing emergency response systems.
* It aims to make the operations citizen-friendly, more transparent, and efficient and provides citizen profile management and feedback mechanisms.
* It will also help to keep track of the progress of incidents and the services delivered taking emergency services to the next level.
Added few enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Non working app
I downloaded it ,filled the information and added the contacts. Immediately after that it shows that info is not correct so cannot go further . Tried to do it one more time and shoes the same message of not correct information.
Before even registering myself .....
after my mail I’d and phone number with date of birth info with my emergency contacts numbers how they can deny my accesss to my account ?
And if genuine let me know from the authentic source , why it happened ?
Highly suspicious app .
The concept is really great and helpful as it would send an alert to police as well as the contacts added as emergency number in a concealed manner, just with the press of the lock button three times
Unable to modify emergency contacts.
There is an option to modify the emergency contacts, I am trying to delete 2 contacts using it but unfortunately the number of emergency contacts remains the same. I had saved 8 emergency contacts and now I want to remove 2 contacts. Please check as this option is not working.
- Kalai Selvan Alphonse
- 37.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © MHA, Govt of India
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.