FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual camera interface available on an iPhone, iPod or iPad.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects than any other video app.
Accolades to Date:
Best Video Camera App - Best App Ever Awards
Best Video Camera App - TUAW, Editors Pick
Best App Ever finalist - Tap! Magazine
Gizmodo Essential App
5 Stars, Editors Review, cnet.com
App of the Week: Time.com/Techland
Editors Choice - Wired, Film Riot, Macworld
v6 continues this tradition by providing filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a LOG gamma curve. LOG allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for adjusting focus and exposure.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor devices and newer)
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including in tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Clip favoriting.
• Batch upload to supported share targets.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOG. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available as an optional purchase for iPhones with an A9 or newer processor and iPads with an A10X or newer processor. Limited to 30fps at 4k)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Portrait (vertical) and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48* 50* and 60* fps. (* iPhone 6 and 6s series only).
• High speed frame rates of 60,120,240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX options.
• Configurable time lapse Recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Adjust video settings after capture (Exposure, contrast, saturation, tint, color temperature).
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Customizable saved personal presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for dynamic composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Cinerama (2.59:1)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Digital Cinema Initiative (17:9)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, Vimeo, SanDisk iXpand, FTP
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers 50mbps encoding at 1080p)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Labs Anamorphic Adapter (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1 & 2
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats - AAC, AIFF or PCM
• Auto-sensing audio sampling
• Auto-sensing headphone monitoring
• Dynamic audio meter
• Adjustable audio gain
• Stereo recording support
• Support for external microphone levels
• Variable microphone positions
***Not all features available on older devices.
v6.11.0 of FiLMiC Pro includes numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements for a better shooting experience. Key improvements in this release include:
- Improved framerate adherence on A13 devices when shooting 4K 60fps in portrait.
- Volume keys now trigger a recording by default when no headset is connected. This can be disabled under the ‘Device’ menu in settings.
- Transitioning from reticle to auto mode via a double-tap on the focus and exposure reticles has been improved.
- An issue that prevented successfully locking shutter speed on the iPhone 8 has been resolved.
- Transfer mechanism for copying clips to the Photos app has been greatly improved.
If you have any questions, suggestions or findings please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really like this app and yes it’s one of The Best app. I’ve seen tutorial videos and see that there is playback and editing options. I can only play the video on my device and no editing option available. Also In white balance tab there are 3 options available but I have access to only one of the option. The shadow highlights and the saturation options are not available. It shows as more information. Is these options limited to some models? If so please make these options available for iPhone se.
Developer Response ,
Hello Jimson, thank you for the review. If you tap the 'more information' banner it will show that these features are optional advanced features that are unlocked via the Cinematographer Kit in-app purchase. These details are also included in the app store description of the app's capabilities. If you have any questions on this please write to us at: email@example.com
Never use with apple phone
I did lot of research before purchasing this and there are lot many videos always tells you great things about filmic pro but when it comes to iphone x it seriously screws the footage. I used to use imovie and i was having little issues with white balance from shot to shot and when i tried to look for a better filmic pro stole my attention with all the promo videos and other bundle of videos... i even found videos that discouraged using filmic pro with iphone x.. but i dis not believe them as more percentage of good videos about the same. Finally , for me filming great film with my iphone is the priority and money doesnt matter... so i purchased but the problem is not money.. i screwed up the footage which i need to shoot again..
So whats wrong with filmic pro with iphone x... filmic pro footage lost the focus and it struggled with iphone builtin optical stabilisation... i dont know technical stuff... but one thing fore sure i can tell u... use imovie with iphone and not filmic pro... filmic pro hyped featured are not very user friendly ... even if they are they screw other basic things... like focus... iphone x automatically refocusses the image but misses white balance... focus is important than white balance for me... i will never use filmicpro again...
Must have for Cinematography
This app had me skeptical in the beginning, but I have to say I’m impressed. The interface is well balanced and not klunky. It’s easy to use, even when the phone is on my stabiliser; and the level of manual control is absolutely stunning. Made the purchase for LOG shooting as well. Just add support for more stabiliser user interfaces, and not just the Osmo Mobile. My Smooth Q could be way more productive if the buttons could be used in conjunction with the app. Perfect app for someone who needs a manual camera for video.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for this review! We really appreciate your feedback too. If you have any questions or further feedback don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- FiLMiC Inc
- 93.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.1 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 FiLMiC Inc.
- ₹ 1,199
- In-App Purchases
- Cinematographer Kit ₹ 1,099
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.