Jitsi Meet lets you stay in touch with all your teams, be they family, friends, or colleagues. Instant video conferences, efficiently adapting to your scale.
* Unlimited users: There are no artificial restrictions on the number of users or conference participants. Server power and bandwidth are the only limiting factors.
* No account needed.
* Lock-protected rooms: Control the access to your conferences with a password.
* Encrypted by default.
* High quality: Audio and video are delivered with the clarity and richness of Opus and VP8.
* Web browser ready: No downloads are required of your friends to join the conversation. Jitsi Meet works directly within their browsers as well. Simply share your conference URL with others to get started.
* 100% open source: Powered by awesome communities from all over the world. And your friends at Atlassian.
* Invite by pretty URLs: You can meet at the easy to remember https://MySite.com/OurConf of your choice instead of joining the hard to remember rooms with seemingly random sequences of numbers and letters in their names.
Broom broom! This new release comes packed with improvements, including Car Mode!
- Add Car Mode
- Added GIPHY integration
- Revamp lobby UI
- Stop reordering tiles in small meetings
- Don't show raise hand button in menu if disabled
- Don't disable screen-sharing button when in audio-only mode
- Hide display name label in one to one meeting
- Updated UI for thumbnail indicators
- Fix private chat messages getting stuck
- Fix lobby not showing up on subsequent tries
- Fix joining breakout rooms
- Fix participant list not taking enough space
- Fix recording start button not being enabled
- Fix not marking speaker as a selected device
- Fix not showing the CarPlay audio interface
- UI tweaks and fixes
- Updated translations
Ratings and Reviews
The app is great but here are somethings that I wish the application could add on
1. The option to block the messages/chats is not there, the host can’t not stop the participants from chatting.
2. The option to mute all the participants by the host is also not there, once muted the participants can themselves unmute. It creates indiscipline.
3. The lagging is never ending, sometimes the sound is unclear while sometimes the video stops in between, you can’t be totally dependent.
If all the above issues are solved, the app works perfectly okay and would be a lot better.
Recording of Audio and video
Currently option to record either Audio or Video or both by participants is not available. This is a stumbling block especially when we need oral or presentation notes for future reference. At times there could be issues in manually writing down points. If recording is available it could solve the problem.
Very Stable Platform
We have been using Jitsi Meet for more than 16 months now for daily meetings. Small glitches like participants with video on can move to the top and ability to reduce volume to nil on iOS app are still to be incorporated and would be very helpful. Also the word “KICK” could be replaced with “Removed” or a softer synonym. Keep up the good work.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 8x8, Inc.
- 62.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-present 8x8, Inc.