Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS to connect to Azure Virtual Desktop, Windows 365, admin-provided virtual apps and desktops, or remote PCs. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
• Access managed resources published by your admin.
• Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
• Rich multi-touch experience supporting Windows gestures.
• Secure connection to your data and applications.
• Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Centre.
• Audio and video streaming.
• Redirect your clipboard and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdiosfbk.
It's time for the update that everyone has been waiting for! In this release we added support for:
• Displaying the session on an external monitor (iPad and iPhone using AirPlay or a physical cable)
• Location redirection (requires access to device location and Windows 11 or later on the server)
If you encounter any errors, you can always contact us via Settings > Submit Feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Overall a good experience but the latest update killed my experience
Hello team, the app functioned exceptionally well until the update I was able to download .rdp files and the option to “copy to rd client” was available until the update. Now the option is no longer available and hence am not able to connect to my VDI inspite of downloading the .rdp file. Please fix asap
Developer Response ,
Support for RDP files will be added next month. https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/925639-remote-desktop-beta-client-for-ios/suggestions/39135517
Appreciate the diversity of OS, but one feature request to be taken up on priority
The RDP is available across the device form factors, OSes. Which is really appreciated. And it is very reliable.
the RDP for iPadOS, has an issue that, when the iPad is connected to the external screen, the RDP still uses a smaller part of the external monitor and does not use the full screen and the resolution supported by the external monitor.
I use iPad as a shell connecting to an external large monitor, big keyboard and mouse to use it.
Supporting the resolution and full screen quickly will be highly appreciated.
Couldn’t edit my review so wrote another one
The app has download to local possible. Just didn’t find the option before. But the Bluetooth keyboard with excel could not support simple shift + space bar to select the entire row, ctrl+page up and page down to move between tabs, clear text enabled does not remain so once disconnected, in tally software which is completely windows based software space bar has to be pressed with alt button to execute a space. Such minor but technical shortcomings are quite frustrating and needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Not expected this from Microsoft.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 85.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.