Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
• Access managed resources published by your admin.
• Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
• Rich multi-touch experience supporting Windows gestures.
• Secure connection to your data and applications.
• Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Centre.
• Audio and video streaming.
• Redirect your clipboard and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdiosfbk.
It's finally time for our first update of the year. This is a big one with some new feature additions and lots of bug fixes and improvements.
The biggest change in this release is that you can now dynamically change the orientation (landscape vs portrait) of the remote session while connected to Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, and later. Set your orientation preferences in Settings > Display.
To work seamlessly with dynamic orientation, we've made updates to the following experiences:
• The in-session immersive switcher has a revamped look and feel, and plays well with both landscape and portrait orientation.
• The on-screen keyboard has been redesigned to support portrait orientation.
• The connecting UI now supports for both landscape and portrait orientation.
• The PC tab of the connection centre now has support for high resolution thumbnails and portrait snapshots.
In addition, we’ve made the following improvements:
• Reworked the connection centre to apply a consistent set of margins throughout the UI.
• Added the Shift-Command-Space key combo to toggle the visibility of the connection bar.
• Added the Command-Plus sign (+) and Command-Minus sign (-) key combos to zoom in and out respectively.
• Fixed RemoteApp resource launch and reconnect scenarios.
• Updated the client to send the correct physical dimensions for the iPad mini 6.
• Added the username to PC bookmark thumbnails.
• Updated the in-session connection bar to fade back after 3 seconds if it is minimized.
• Added support for smooth scrolling in the connection centre on ProMotion-compatible iPhones and iPads.
We've also made some updates to enhance Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) scenarios:
• Integrated the MSAL/OneAuth component to improve present (and future) authentication scenarios.
• Added eTag support to speed up AVD workspace refresh.
Note that this release removes support for iOS 13 and is only compatible with iOS 14 and 15.
We appreciate all the comments sent to us through the App Store, in-app feedback and email. If you encounter any errors, you can contact us via Settings > Submit Feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Serious flaw lingering for a long time
First thing first, I appreciate the developers of this app for updating this app frequently.
However, some flaws need to be rectified quickly!
1. From an iPad (running iPadOS), when I login to a Remote Desktop session to a windows server VM and from there I login to a Remote Desktop session into a Suse Linux enterprise server, then the keyboard stops working completely. It only works if I press the shift key of the Remote Desktop keyboard which shows capital letters only.
There is a frustrating workaround to use the onscreen keyboard of windows server.
(Please note that this issue does not occur on any Mac with macOS.
2. Another issue on the iPad is while using the floating keyboard the special keys are not shown properly, they appear squashed and unusable.
Please rectify these issues !
Thank you !
Couldn’t edit my review so wrote another one
The app has download to local possible. Just didn’t find the option before. But the Bluetooth keyboard with excel could not support simple shift + space bar to select the entire row, ctrl+page up and page down to move between tabs, clear text enabled does not remain so once disconnected, in tally software which is completely windows based software space bar has to be pressed with alt button to execute a space. Such minor but technical shortcomings are quite frustrating and needs to be resolved as soon as possible. Not expected this from Microsoft.
1. No portrait mode, a feature requested by countless users on their user voice forums since 2015 (!!)
2. That bubble which houses keyboard/zoom button is often unusable both on iPad as well as iOS. I hope developers make it remember the last known location, because the default location of centering on top edge of display is often annoying and invasive when it comes to regular usage.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. Portrait mode is planned to be released in version 10.4.0 tentatively in December.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 93.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.