Use Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. With Microsoft Remote Desktop, you can be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access using the information at https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
Learn about our other Remote Desktop clients at https://aka.ms/rdclients.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
• Access managed resources published by your admin.
• Connect through a Remote Desktop Gateway.
• Rich multi-touch experience supporting Windows gestures.
• Secure connection to your data and applications.
• Simple management of your connections and user account from the Connection Centre.
• Audio and video streaming.
• Redirect your clipboard and local devices such as microphones and cameras.
Submit feedback at https://aka.ms/rdiosfbk.
It's 2021 and time for our first release of the year.
First, we've made changes to the connection bar (which is part of the in-session user experience):
• The connection bar can be collapsed by moving it into one of the four corners of the screen.
• On iPads and large iPhones you can dock the connection bar to the left or right edge of the screen.
• A press-and-hold gesture on the connection bar magnification button reveals a panel with a zoom slider.
• The new zoom slider controls the magnification level of the session in both touch and mouse pointer mode.
Finally, we addressed some accessibility bugs and the following two issues:
• The client now validates the PC name in the Add/Edit PC UI to ensure that it does not contain illegal characters.
• Addressed an issue where the UI would stop resolving a workspace name during subscription.
We appreciate all the comments sent to us through the App Store, in-app feedback and email. If you encounter any errors, you can contact us via Help > Report an Issue.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Serious flaw lingering for a long time
First thing first, I appreciate the developers of this app for updating this app frequently.
However, some flaws need to be rectified quickly!
1. From an iPad (running iPadOS), when I login to a Remote Desktop session to a windows server VM and from there I login to a Remote Desktop session into a Suse Linux enterprise server, then the keyboard stops working completely. It only works if I press the shift key of the Remote Desktop keyboard which shows capital letters only.
There is a frustrating workaround to use the onscreen keyboard of windows server.
(Please note that this issue does not occur on any Mac with macOS.
2. Another issue on the iPad is while using the floating keyboard the special keys are not shown properly, they appear squashed and unusable.
Please rectify these issues !
Thank you !
Overall a good experience but the latest update killed my experience
Hello team, the app functioned exceptionally well until the update I was able to download .rdp files and the option to “copy to rd client” was available until the update. Now the option is no longer available and hence am not able to connect to my VDI inspite of downloading the .rdp file. Please fix asap
Developer Response ,
Support for RDP files will be added next month. https://remotedesktop.uservoice.com/forums/925639-remote-desktop-beta-client-for-ios/suggestions/39135517
Keypad remains open after updating ios 11
I have noticed that after updating ios 11.0 rdc’s keypad remains open when new seasion is started. I have kept 2 command windows open and ping -t is running. Keypad hide button is also not working. Same issue is persisting even after ios 11.0.1
Please resolve the issue.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 46.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.