Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice and top ranked app worldwide on App Store, regularly #1.
Students, teachers, artists, and professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. Notes are just the beginning; find inspiration, capture ideas, and unleash your creativity with Notability.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Instantly create notes from a selection of templates with customizable spacing and backgrounds.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
FIND AND SHARE INSPIRATION
• Publish your notes for the world to see in the Notability Gallery.
• Browse notes from the community, search topics/tags, save your favorites for later, and download notes!
Download Notability for free on iPad, Mac, and iPhone and enjoy the Notability experience with limited editing and features.
Unlock unlimited note taking and premium content with a Notability annual subscription. Subscribers have access to:
• Unlimited edits, Auto Backup support, and iCloud sync.
• MyScript Handwriting Recognition and Math Conversion technology.
• Premium content like academic planners, journals, stickers, and much more!
Subscription auto-renews unless cancelled, and will be charged via Apple iTunes account on an annual basis. Prices may vary by location. You can manage your subscription in account settings after purchase. Family Sharing is not supported.
For technical assistance reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit notability.com to learn more, or connect with us @notabilityapp on Instagram and Twitter.
Terms of Service: https://notability.com/terms
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's new in 11.0.11 ***
- Happy Lunar New Year! Celebrate with a vibrant, festive sticker collection by Mia.
- Introducing Garden Blooms' 2022 Mini Calendar
- Added a new goal tracker template
*** Bug fixes in 11.0.11 ***
- Fixed an issue where a note would be marked as modified incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where handwriting could be offset when pasting from older notes
- Fixed several other minor issues and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Best app but improvement needed
It is one of the best app available on iOS. But requires some improvements like highlighter in which on multiple times highlighting the text become invisible, highlighting must be in background of text. Secondly, there must be at least 3 pen colours available in the tool bar for fast and easy access. Thirdly, there should be some type of page margin guide should be available on each page and lastly and most importantly the number of options of line gap on the page available should be increased especially there must be another option between smallest gap and second smallest gap between lines the smallest gap is too small and second largest becomes twice as large as smallest, there must be a intermediate option to available too. Also if possible please add a leaser option so that while casting the screen to another monitor we can tell a person that which point people are explaining. It will improve presentation ability of this app.
Just two little gripes; file naming conflict and quick favorite color.
The app is absolutely beautiful and functional. And I love using it everyday to make notes for all my lectures. But there’s two little problems that really hurt the experience sometimes. First of which is, two files can’t have the same name. Almost all of my subjects have a file named “Intro”. Notability won’t allow more than one file to have the same name. And so I have to resort to workarounds every single time like appending a random character at the end for notability to accept the name. Secondly, this feature would really make the best app in my opinion, a palette for favorite colors in the toolbar itself. Currently, I need to tap on color and then choose the color and then tap again to close the color selection dialog box. This becomes very tiring during lectures. I generally use three colors, one for heading, one for general notes, and one for remarks. And often a fourth color for annotations/examples. Having these colors directly accessible with just one single tap on the toolbar would be really really appreciated. Please please please add these two features at the earliest. Nonetheless, a very good app and I enjoy it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 220.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription ₹ 1,049
- Feel Good Journal ₹ 0
- Back to School Basics Pack ₹ 0
- Handwriting Recognition ₹ 269
- Math Recognition ₹ 269
- Portrait Planner 7 Day Trial ₹ 0
- 7-Day Trial ₹ 0
- Everyday 50 Pack ₹ 179
- 2021 Planner - 7 Day Trial ₹ 0
- Spring ₹ 89
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.