Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's New in Notability 10.1.6 ***
• Fixed a rare issue where Notability could become unable to save the current note.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Best app but improvement needed
It is one of the best app available on iOS. But requires some improvements like highlighter in which on multiple times highlighting the text become invisible, highlighting must be in background of text. Secondly, there must be at least 3 pen colours available in the tool bar for fast and easy access. Thirdly, there should be some type of page margin guide should be available on each page and lastly and most importantly the number of options of line gap on the page available should be increased especially there must be another option between smallest gap and second smallest gap between lines the smallest gap is too small and second largest becomes twice as large as smallest, there must be a intermediate option to available too. Also if possible please add a leaser option so that while casting the screen to another monitor we can tell a person that which point people are explaining. It will improve presentation ability of this app.
Just two little gripes; file naming conflict and quick favorite color.
The app is absolutely beautiful and functional. And I love using it everyday to make notes for all my lectures. But there’s two little problems that really hurt the experience sometimes. First of which is, two files can’t have the same name. Almost all of my subjects have a file named “Intro”. Notability won’t allow more than one file to have the same name. And so I have to resort to workarounds every single time like appending a random character at the end for notability to accept the name. Secondly, this feature would really make the best app in my opinion, a palette for favorite colors in the toolbar itself. Currently, I need to tap on color and then choose the color and then tap again to close the color selection dialog box. This becomes very tiring during lectures. I generally use three colors, one for heading, one for general notes, and one for remarks. And often a fourth color for annotations/examples. Having these colors directly accessible with just one single tap on the toolbar would be really really appreciated. Please please please add these two features at the earliest. Nonetheless, a very good app and I enjoy it.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 386.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
- ₹ 799
- In-App Purchases
- Back to School Basics Pack
- Handwriting Recognition ₹ 269
- 7-Day Trial
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.