Office Lens trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
Office Lens is like having a scanner in your pocket. Like magic, it will digitize notes on whiteboards or blackboards. Always find important documents or business cards. Sketch your ideas and snap a picture for later. Don't lose receipts or stray sticky notes again!
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters and trim them precisely.
- Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them.
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows.
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly.
- Pictures can be saved to OneNote, OneDrive or other cloud storage.
- Business Card mode can extract contact information and save it into your address book and OneNote. This feature works best with the following business cards: English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese. Support for more languages is coming soon.
- Choose to convert images to Word (.docx), PowerPoint (.pptx) or PDF (.pdf) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive.
Bug fixes and Performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of the most useful apps on the market
I was just tired with apps that watermark your images when scanned using their apps. Sometimes, the watermark used to overlap important parts of the document, defeating the whole purpose of the app altogether. Office Lens is by far the best free scanning app. Its not only accurate, but the modes inside work well. Only change needed is -
While cropping the image, the crop boundaries need to have a zoomed in window so that the user knows exactly where to place the point.
The ultimate solution for scanning via mobile
I’ve been searching for a perfect app which can help me to make pdf, scan documents... I have used a lot of apps. And at last I tried office lens, I was so happy that I found what I was looking for. White board, paper cuttings, paper,.. anything can be easily scanned even if it is not straight against you.
App is getting crashed every time I open the app. Opening the app it’s showing list of user in popup. Select any user and app will crash. There is no option to even cancel the user selection. Cant even use the app just stuck in this loop... i don’t even have my backup... not expected this from such a Tech giant. Please fix this asap.
Still unusable... I have updated the app to the latest available version v 2.25.
1. Open the app
2. On the homepage where u have camera view u’ll get a popup showing users which I think u pick up from outlook installed on my phone. I am using 2 different accounts on outlook.
3. This popup does not have any cancel button so its compulsory to select either of the users. First of all there should be a cancel button.
4. After selecting any of the user app is getting crash.
5. I even tried uninstalling outlook from my device and trying it again still no luck.
Please fix this asap.
I am using iOS 12.2 on my iPhone XR. Aren’t u guys getting crashlogs?
Developer Response ,
Dear user Can you please let us know if you are still facing this issue? Is the app not launching or is it crashing when you go to Accounts?
Are you able to capture new scans? Can you also share your device, OS version and app version details with us? Thanks!
- Microsoft Corporation
- 60.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.