The BBC News app brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
Personalise your news offering with My News
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time to stay on top of the news of the day. Topics can be added, removed or re-ordered using the Edit function.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Search tab. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Business, Technology, Entertainment and Health, or search for your own subjects of interest, whether they’re people, places, things or themes.
More of the news you care about
We offer a full selection of stories from the newsroom, and many ways to read the best journalism from BBC correspondents, including:
- Popular - keep on top of the most read stories and most watched videos from across the BBC
- Video - One-minute World News summary and the latest video stories
- Live - BBC World Service Radio. Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Push notifications for important news stories
- Video over cellular and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Viewing modes. On iPhone see more stories per index by choosing ‘Compact layout’ from the Settings screen
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Support for dynamic text. Articles in the app will respect the font size in your device settings so you can increase or decrease the story text size as suits your preference
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications from BBC News in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
This update includes some significant underlying technical improvements to the mobile app. We have also upgraded the look of the app with a new layout.
I am mostly satisfied with this app, but it sometimes has some miner bugs. For example, I often listen to LIVE on my smartphone to get much better information because I don’t have any television as a device, but it doesn’t work on occasion. I have no idea why. It bothers me on occasion.
In addition to the bug above, I want to watch videos in English as much as possible on this app to check my understanding. If you can serve videos continuously and automatically, it makes me feel comfortable because I tend to lose my focus and feel stress.
Goodbye BBC News
This news app has become unusable since the introduction of pop up video advertising. The same video pops up continuously interrupting your reading and making you lose your place in the article. The video appears every few seconds draining away your GB. I used the contact function on the app to inform them of the issue about a week ago but I received no reply. How about changing the name of the app to FedEx advert?
Great but— a different language??
I love how accessible this made me to BBC’s news and keeping up-to-date, but it’s scaring me that my language setting is in Arabian. Though the news itself is in English, the settings and all are in Arabian. I don’t speak this language nor is my phone set at it, so I don’t understand why this is happening.
If I can find the answer to this, it would help me a lot! ;)
- BBC Worldwide LTD
- iOS 13.0以降が必要です。
- iPadOS 13.0以降が必要です。
- iPod touch
- iOS 13.0以降が必要です。
- 12+ まれ／軽度なアルコール、タバコ、ドラッグの使用または言及 まれ／軽度な性的表現またはヌード まれ／軽度なバイオレンス まれ／軽度な医療または治療情報 まれ／軽度な成人向けまたはわいせつなテーマ まれ／軽度な過激な言葉遣いまたは下品なユーモア
- © 2020-2022 BBC