Chess is #1 popular game in the world. According to FIDE, about 600 million people play chess and it is the most widespread game on the planet.
"The Game of Chess is not merely an idle amusement; several very valuable qualities of the mind, useful in the course of human life, are to be acquired and strengthened by it, so as to become habits ready on all occasions..."
(Benjamin Franklin, scientist)
- HD graphics for iPhone 5 and the new iPad retina display
- 5 levels of difficulty
- hint option to find out the best next move
- play either white or black
- play against the computer or a friend
- 2D and 3D themes for chess pieces
- unlimited ability to undo moves
- AI quick response time
- time control (5, 15, 30 or 60 minutes)
- animated moves
- highlight legal moves
- easy to use interface design
- ability to go back to any previous position in the game
- auto-save when exit or phone ring
- view captured pieces
- full game history with chess notation
- change the appearance of the board
- ability to listen music in background
Play one of the oldest and most enjoyable games in the world!
Native support for iPhone X, XS, XS Max, iPad Pro 11-inch.
Reduced app size.
Fixed invisible moves bug in puzzles 17, 68 and 100.
Really nice and good to improve
Not a really good player but as a strong amateur I'm enjoying a lot this app and the features proposed. I haven't tried yet the hard level so I don't know how strong it is but the move are interesting and the IA doesn't show any foolish move. I recommend.
Good for 2 player using one device but pawn promotion is broken
This app works well for two people to play sharing one device, but when you get to promote a pawn, the game automatically chooses a queen every time. There is no choice for knight, etc. This is a rare move, so game play is usually unaffected, but it works be fixed. En passant does work, FWIW.