A powerful, complete, and easy to use podcast player that will help you manage and listen to podcasts the way you want to.
Now with CarPlay support!
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at email@example.com!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
• Fixes sound effects
• Improved sorting by title when the title starts with a number
• Minor performance improvement
• Improves error message when episode fails to download due to an authentication failure
• Fixes issue with 'Show Password' button on the podcast settings view
Best for iPad?
I have used this app daily on my iPads for years.
A bit buggy and crashes now and then, but still the best. (Periodically I check out the others.)
Recently I started using MagicEther hardware by the EZCast company and I am getting confused by the app’s Google Cast button — don’t know what that even is. And when using picture-in-picure the screen goes black.
Giving 5 stars, but actually 4.5 is more like it. Using iPad Air 2 now and am going to upgrade to something newer to see if things get a little better.
I love this app for a long time.
But the volume indication don’t move when I plugged in headphones.
If I push the volume button of iPhone, it return to normal.
Please fix it.
The app stops so frequently.
I liked this app before, but it stops so frequently these days. The app needs to be improved for new iOS or new devices.