iKanji touch is a powerful kanji study and training tool covering over 2,000 JLPT and school grade jouyou kanji.
- Kanji are grouped by grade and JLPT and subdivided into sets of 20 for easy practice.
- Includes 2010 jouyou kanji.
- Reference ‘cards’ for each kanji with readings, stroke count, radical etc.
- Vocabulary browser with JLPT based sets
- Hear vocabulary pronounced using the Japanese text-to-speech facility
- List of example compounds for each kanji.
- Leitner System based spaced repetition Teach Me mode.
- Reading test to quiz you on kanji readings (onyomi and kunyomi).
- Meaning test to practice your ability to recognise the English meaning of a given kanji.
- Compound test to complete words by filling in the missing kanji.
- Stroke order test to practice writing kanji (not available for all kanji yet).
- Search for kanji by readings, stroke count, meaning or radical.
- Ability to create multiple practice sets and track wrongly answered kanji.
- Extras store where you can purchase additional features to tailor iKanji touch to your needs
Please note all kanji readings (onyomi and kunyomi) are in hiragana and katakana only. Romaji is not used in this application.
*JLPT sets are based on kanji usually taught at these levels and are not based on official listings for current tests.
- New dark mode available as in-app purchase from the Extras store.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
Great with music
This is a terrific app which I use all the time, I use it every day. However it would be great if we could use it with music during extended kanji sessions. Even with sound effects turned off in the settings in this app the music is always cancelled whenever an answer is selected. Please allow us to listen to music with this app by preventing the app from stopping playback of music. Thank you for the otherwise terrific app which has taken me all the way from N5 to N2 so far. *****
The app is really good. I bought it several years ago and works perfectly on my iphone 5.
However, with my iphone 8 plus, the app is buggy. It won’t let me view other kanji, just the first one that i chose. Once i view a kanji, the app will keep showing it to me regardless of the kanji that I want to view. I can swipe to the left and right to view other kanji, but I have to close the app just to view the kanji’s on the other sets.
Nice application for learning
I only wish there was a way to turn off the cute backgrounds.