Japanese is the ultimate study companion for any Japanese language learner. Japanese is comprehensive, with over 175,000 dictionary entries and 58,000 example sentences, and fits perfectly in your pocket. It comes complete with references, flashcard study tools and all you need to master the Japanese language. Japanese runs offline, allowing you to learn on the go, wherever you go.
• Japanese’s search engine is unparalleled in its speed, returning the most relevant results for your search as you type.
• Search from over 175,000 words and 58,000 example sentences.
• Handwriting recognition: Write any kanji in any stroke order and have Japanese decipher and display the most likely kanji or kana.
• Conjugation Search: Search a word in any conjugation to get a complete dictionary entry for that word.
• Text Reader: Struggling with a website or text message? Input long text and see it translated into its constituent parts.
• Flashcards: Easy-to-use flashcard study with study reminders and social elements that allow you to share your lists with friends.
• Text-to-Speech: Learn a word’s pronunciation.
• JLPT: Tests aren’t everything. But for those seeking to master the JLPT, Japanese has dedicated study lists.
WORK WITH IT
• Intuitive user interface: Find the information you need, when you need it.
• Split View: Use Japanese simultaneously with other applications on your iPad or large screen Apple device with Split View.
• Custom Content: Create your own lists, labels, history, folders and notes to help organise your studies.
• Sharing: Share Lists with Family, Friends and Study Buddies via AirDrop, Messages or Email.
• Import: Easily import your data from other Japanese language learning apps such as Imiwa, Midori and Nihongo, Rikaichan.
• Backup & Restore: Never worry about loosing your data with Japanese’s in-app backup and restore features.
I found this app on a whim when I was looking for a handy grammar app to study Japanese on my train ride to work.
The thing that really blew me away about this is that you can study kanji by grade level in a Japanese school, something I’ve already been doing on my own in a notebook for five years. My favorite method of studying a language is studying it like a native, so I was really pleased.
I also love all the grammar and vocab. lists, JLPT prep (as much as one can...), and the Kanken lists.
My one wish is that there was a way to write and practice kanji stroke order and writing within the app after viewing the sample video of a kanji’s stroke order. That would make this app a perfect all-in-one learning source. Please include it in the update!
Best Japanese app but new update bugged.
Like the other person commented this dictionary is great, however, the new updated took out many features that were EXTREMELY helpful to those who use this app for professional reasons.
1)Please allow us to search for Kanji z-a as well as a-z the "..." or "*" input is too clunky and takes too much time.
2)The results page has difficulty scrolling as well. I can't see the last 3-4 results unless I constantly scroll with both thumbs and even then I can't select the vocabulary.
3)It's nice to search for kanji by radical but allow us to put in multiple radicals again like the previous update. Now we have to search off of just one radical. Time consuming
4) Lastly, there doesn't seem to be a settings page at all anymore.
Thanks for your hard work until now. Looking forward to seeing these problems fixed.
UPDATE: Searching kanji by component is fixed. The a-z , z-a is another major fix I hope to see soon. I can't even find some 熟語 ( that are actually on this dictionary) by putting ... or * in front of the second kanji.
Hm? You can search for kanji by entering multiple components. Just select the components search (third button).
This is the app i was looking for I really recommend this app as a advanced studying set... and also for the beginners as well... highly recommended this app.... thank you for you to make such a app like this.... 🙇♀️🙇♀️🙇♀️☝️✌️👍🤝
Coolest Japanese learning App I ever seen....
A note for beginners: make sure that you can read hiragana and katakara... not very advanced but a little.. this app will help you... just go through the app.... Good luck my friend...!!!!