Yomiwa is a modern offline Japanese dictionary, including numerous features to help you read and learn Japanese. Yomiwa's dictionary has been built up from diverse sources in order to provide you with the most complete Japanese dictionary app on the App Store. The powerful search function lets you input words in any kind of alphabet (Kanjis, Hiraganas, Katakanas, Romajis). You can even input whole sentences.
Yomiwa also features powerful, fast and offline Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology. Yomiwa can recognize more than 4000 Japanese characters in your pictures or with your device camera. Japanese text is detected, recognized and parsed into words in a fraction of a second.
Yomiwa's OCR modes have been designed to help you read with ease all your favorite reading materials, such as mangas, newspapers, books or restaurant menus and signs.
Yomiwa also comes with a built-in Handwriting Recognition engine which recognizes Japanese characters from your touch-screen.
• Detailed information about words and kanjis (on-yomi, kun-yomi, meaning, stroke order, compounds etc.)
• Huge database of example sentences (> 250K) built from numerous sources
• Fast and accurate Handwriting Recognition
• Intuitive Radical search
• Look up conjugated forms, even if they are incomplete
• Many target languages available: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Hungarian, Chinese, Dutch, Slovene, Swedish and more
• Search definitions in any kind of alphabet: Kanjis / Hiraganas / Katakanas / Romajis.
• You can search from Japanese words or from foreign words
• Build vocabulary lists of Japanese words, Kanjis or Sentences (which you can share as files or text in many ways)
• Listen to the Japanese pronunciation of words and example sentences through the "Speak" function
OFFLINE TRANSLATOR (Japanese to English):
• Yomiwa can now translate whole Japanese sentences to English
OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION (OCR):
• A powerful OCR engine which lets you recognize instantly Japanese characters in your pictures or from your camera
• Yomiwa can recognize more that 4000 Japanese characters
• Works for both horizontal and vertical Japanese text
• Paste some text, or import it from the OCR modes, into the Text Analyzer to get definitions of each word in the text
• Furiganas are displayed automatically
• Listen to the Japanese text with the "Speak" function
• Furiganas in Safari: whenever you are browsing on a web page with some Japanese text, tap the "share" button at the bottom and select "Yomiwa Add Furiganas" to display all furiganas
• Get help from the user community by sharing pictures on the Yomiwa Wall
***Yomiwa is perfect for:***
• Using as your everyday Japanese dictionary
• Upgrading your reading skills to the next level by reading any Japanese text with Yomiwa's OCR technology
• Increasing your vocabulary by building your own word lists
• Learning and study Japanese Kanjis
We are very responsive to your feed-back and suggestions: email@example.com
• Bug fixes
• You can now export / share your history list (in the same way as any of your other lists)
The best Japanese learning app of all time!
In addition to the camera capture and other features, I use the text analyzer feature of this app for several hours every day.
This app has helped me to finally make the transition from “learning to read Japanese” to “reading Japanese to learn” and even to “reading Japanese for pleasure”.
The developers are very responsive and committed to continuous improvement.
Check out the text analyzer feature to add furighana and click on words/phrases to obtain definitions as needed.
2日前のアップデートで 「Add Furiganas directly in Safari 」を出来なくなりました。しかしすぐにサポートスタッフに連絡しました、そして彼らは問題を解決するために完全なサポートと敏捷性を与えることはかなり効果的でした。チーム全員、おめでとうございます👏👏👏。もちろんfive ⭐️です！！！
Essential for learning Japanese
I use this app to look up kanji that I cannot read. Simply take a screenshot of a Japanese webpage or manga, open it in the Yomiwa app, and it will immediately recognize the text. Tapping words will show definitions and many examples. You can save words in a list to study later. The developer frequently updates the app and it just keeps getting better. Thank You!