St John is the leading provider of first aid training in New Zealand as well providing ambulance services to 90% of the population. Our app teaches the life-saving skills of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (commonly known as CPR) and shows you how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator). Knowing how to save the life of a family member, friend or colleague is vital - you never know when you might need to and this app is completely FREE.
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR and AED tutorials with audio prompts
- CPR and AED training videos from Dr Tony Smith, Medical Director at St John New Zealand
- Maori and Simplified Chinese translations
- Beeping and vibrating CPR Timing Assist to help you with consistent chest compressions
- Set up your own emergency services phone number – useful when travelling abroad (iPhone only)
The app is compatible with any device running iOS 7 and above.
- Apple watch support
- Infant CPR contents updated
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Why is 911 set as default emergency number?!
Fantastic app to help out in an emergency but bemused that the default number is 911 (the American number) so requires the user to change the number to the NZ one 111!
Basic app with little innovation
While good to see St Johns putting official info / instruction in the iPhone app space; there is little innovation recognizing the power of the smartphone platform. They would do well to look at some of the other first aid apps that use video / audio / ebooks that provide complete first aid instruction. Even Jamie Oliver has a 100mb+ app and that's for cooking. I hope we have a single NZ wide app, not 1 for CPR, 1 for bandages, 1 for poisons, etc.
Great to see a New Zealand first aid app, but it's very basic. App just has a basic slideshow arrangement for the steps of CPR and the ol' 30 compressions / 2 breaths. And a button to call an emergency number. That's it. No timing for babies/kids, no info on how far to compress / how much rescue breath to use, no info on how to handle different hazards at the scene. No instructions on how to handle other situations like fits/bleeding/choking.
- The Priory in New Zealand of the Most Venerable Order of The Hospital of St John of Jerusalem
- 122.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Marathi, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Order of St John
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.