Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
• Harness the power of the Mac Pro and Afterburner for realtime 8K editing
• Modern Metal engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing on all Macs
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• Work with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, Avid DNxHR®, Avid DNxHD®, H.264, HEVC, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Use Pro Display XDR to accurately view HDR video
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices
• Export a video optimized for YouTube, Facebook, and other popular video destinations
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.15.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
• Adds share option for YouTube & Facebook to create a file for uploading to those sites
• Includes stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’m a video artist, also working in film making and commercials. I have tried many programs – some were better some worse. This one shocked me! It’s intuitive, quick with render and precise with previews. Gives me total (but easy and again – intuitive) control over colors, contrast and motion.
This is the best spent money in many years. Really, I highly recommend it to both proffesionals and amateurs.
How relieved I'll be to say goodbye FCP X!
I started working professionally with non-linear editing systems during their infancy in 1991. I've edited for film & TV on Lightworks, Avid, D/Vision, Media100 and FinalCutPro up to version 7 without ever needing any training. Each had its pros and cons but the user interfaces were always intuitive enough to be manageable. A pro editor could literally learn on the job. Then along came the "reinvented" FCP X. Sequences became "projects", projects became "libraries", timelines became "magnetic" etc., etc. The user interface became unintuitive and there were few ways - often onlyu one way - to do anything. You had to do it all FCPX's way. Gradually, with help from experts like Larry Jordan, editing became somewhat less troublesome, but even now problems like XML compatibility arise and I'm forced to turn to FCP X's chief competitor, DaVinci Resolve to patch things up. Well thank heavens for Black Magic. Now I can abandon Apple altogether. DaVinci Resolve is available on all three operating systems. Since Tim Cook castrated the Macbook Pro for professionals, what is there left to keep people like me buying Apple products?
FIXED apple support.
UPDATE - restart with cmd alt - reset preferences. Undo doesn't work. cmd w moves playhead to the end of timeline. Color finale works, but sometimes even a small change requires rendering.
cmd Shift V paste your settings from another clip and moves it onto previous clip, without cut. BUG on BUG on BUG
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.