Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings bug fixes that improve our product to help you discover new places and navigate to them.
Ratings and Reviews
The best but could be better
I love Google Maps, but I see two improvements:
1. You can add the feature from a computer version of this app which allow to see the number of kilometers of the road has more than one destination point.
2. You can add a possibility to define the maximum speed of my car. Because for example in some cars maximum comfortable velocity is for example 120 km/h, but the app thinks that everybody drives at least with the maximum permissible speed on the particular way. In Poland the maximum velocity on highways is 140 km/h, so the foreseen time is shorter than it really is. It is important when you are planning long trip and you have to be on time.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! Check out some tips from our Help Center on how to improve the apps speed as this is the likely cause of what you are seeing: https://goo.gl/GW6uOo
Where are the voice notifications!!!???
Hey there Google. Im about to start my eurotrip (about 50k km) in March, and Google Maps will be my #1 survival tool. But few updates ago it lost a SUPER FREAKIN IMPORTANT function! Which is voice notifications when the screen is blocked!!!! (Iphone 8+). Battery life is one of my main „electronic concernes” and the fact that I have to use the navigation with screen unlocked is killing the whole battery saving attitude. Before my phone used to talk even when I had it in my pocket and I didnt have to look at it at all, but now it just shows visual notofications which ARE TOTALLY USELESS!!! Bring the function back PLEAAASSSEEEE - make it available to turn on/off from the ‚settings’ menu! It would literally make my life better:D I wonder who was so „smart” to actually delete that feature...
Basically EVERY alternative navigation has it..
The Best but could be even better!
Google maps is one of the best mapping and nav tools ever made. It's so handy that I can't imagine life without it. Even after I bought my first iPhone a year ago I keep using Google Maps instead of Apple ones.
After you've added features allowing us to add couple points of the journey and easy access to search for POI while on the move in mobile app there's not much left to be added.
I'm only dreaming of two great features:
- one which will work as a CB radio allowing users to contact with others using VOICE in give radius (depending on "output power" user sets in it's mobile app). This will be great help while driving, as none of the visual info could replace real time voice communication.
- second one should allow user to avoid bloxked road (roadworks, heavy traffic etc.) stright from the navigating screen.
- Google LLC
- 227.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.