Noir - Dark Mode for Safari 4+
Browse better at night
- 19,99 zł
Noir is a Safari extension that automatically adds a dark mode to every website you visit.
It makes browsing the web at night so much better. With Noir, you won’t be blinded by bright websites ever again.
And the results look great too. Noir generates a custom dark style for each website you visit, based on the colors that are used on a page. You won’t even notice this happening in the background – that’s how fast it is – but you’ll certainly appreciate the end result: a beautiful dark mode tailored for each website, where contrast is preserved and highlights still pop. And with over 20 built-in themes and the ability to create your own, you can customize the results exactly the way you want.
Noir works with any website you visit in Safari, automatically. By default, Noir is linked to your device’s Dark Mode, so websites will only go dark when you want them to. But you can easily customize this to your liking, even per website. Only want to use Noir on just a few specific websites? Sure thing! Disable Noir on some websites? No problem!
Built from the ground up for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, the app feels right at home on your device. It supports the brand new Safari web extension feature, which means there’s no need to manually activate it every time you load a new page. The app also tightly integrates with system features such as Focus Filters and Shortcuts to fully integrate Noir in all your workflows. And your settings are automatically synced to all your devices using iCloud.
And just as importantly, Noir takes your privacy seriously: it doesn’t collect any of your browsing data. Period.
Noir is made by a solo iOS developer. It does not include any subscriptions or ads. Buy Noir once, use it forever.
• Found a website where Noir’s dark mode doesn’t look just right? Let me know by reporting it. The app will be frequently updated to address issues that are reported.
• The Noir extension requires access to the websites you visit to analyze the existing style of the page and to override it with Noir's dark style.
• Noir never collects your browsing data. The only data Noir ‘collects’ are your settings, and those will never leave your device.
This brand new update of Noir brings a ton of website fixes and performance improvements. Noir is now even faster and more reliable in darkening your favorite websites.
There's also a few new features and other improvements:
- Added an option to the About screen to reset all settings.
- If you tweak Noir's setting for a specific URL, those settings now also apply to similar URLs with different query parameters. If you're confused by what this means, then this feature probably is not for you, but if you do know, chances are you're going to be quite happy with it :)
- Additionally, if you set up URL-specific settings for a URL that does contain query parameters, you can now clean the URL and strip the parameters in the Noir app.
- The Noir menu in Safari now shows an info notice when you're in Private Browsing Mode, reminding you that if you change the Noir settings of a website, the website will show up in the Noir app.
- Fixed an issue in the Noir app where the app would go back to the main screen when attempting to make changes to themes or keyboard shortcuts.
If you run into any issues with Noir after updating, please reach out to me through the 'Contact Support' option in the Noir app and I'll look into it! This update contains many behind-the-scenes changes, so there is always a chance that I missed something. By contacting me, I can look into it and make sure it gets fixed.
Thank you so much to everyone who sent in website reports and feature requests! I really hope you like this update of Noir. If you like the app, please consider leaving a review in the App Store, that helps a lot. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Can't live without this app
This is a joke. This app is not working properly on most websites explained the issue however it hasn’t been fixed in any way. I regret buying the full version as it gives you nothing in exchange. Please fix this app it’s getting laggy on the websites and the dark mode does not appear instantly just after a minute or so. I did reset my safar all the cookies has been cleaned. I have also reinstalled your app but it didn’t help.
What a shame
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jeffrey Kuiken
- 8.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021-2023 Jeffrey Kuiken
- 19,99 zł
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.