Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Find patterns and trends using pivot tables.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch — even on a PC
• Share your spreadsheet publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the spreadsheet with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions, including XLOOKUP and RegEx
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favourite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Use Pivot Tables and Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts, including bar, column, line, area, pie, doughnut and radar charts
• Animate data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates and durations
• Easily filter through large tables for specific values, text or duplicate entries
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheet as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
Some features may require internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Pivot tables provide a powerful and flexible way to view and analyse data
• Create beautifully formatted pivot tables in just a few clicks
• Quickly summarise, group and rearrange data to explore patterns and trends
• Instantly show data by sum, average and count, or display percentage and running total values
• Add pivot charts to see your data in different ways
• Import and export Excel spreadsheets with pivot tables
• Radar charts help you visually compare multiple variables at once to easily show similarities and differences in your data
• Enhanced quick filters help you easily select values to show or hide, and improved filters find duplicate entries and unique values in your data
• Flexible collaboration allows participants to add others to a shared spreadsheet*
• Instant translation lets you translate selected text in up to 11 languages and add the translation to your spreadsheet with a click*
• Create new spreadsheets from the app icon in the Dock
* Requires macOS Monterey
Ratings and Reviews
Error formatting numbers
Error formatting numbers - does not show the thousandth separator in numbers less than 10,000. It seems that the problem appeared with the entry of Catalina.
A bit embarrasing
It is a bit embarrassing that Microsoft Office has better Touch Bar integration that Apple iWork. There is no way to customize Touch Bar icons - just what "smart" people in Apple decided. For example you can’t change cell background color with Touch Bar. Thank you for continuous progress! Even if it is progress in back direction. Few years ago I have switched to iWork from Microsoft Office. Seems that I need to go back as Apple update cycle and direction of "progress” for iWork is embarrassing. With such speed macros will be added in version 29.7. I don’t expect to be able to use computers then. Why do I need to use tricky external Apple Script with Automation instead of Apple Script in macros?
What a stupid idea to not allow to download an older version of the software if I’m using older os version (El Capitan) and just display a message that informs user that, well you have to update to new operating system to download this app. Only apple team could think of something this stupid.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 255.9 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.