•Transform your video with the new green screen effect that lets you instantly remove the background of clips shot in front of a green or blue screen
• Adjust the green screen effect with a 4-point mask and strength slider
• Choose from 80 new soundtracks in genres including pop, chill and sentimental that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
•Drop in still images with transparent backgrounds to use as logos or custom graphics on top of your video
• Add photos as overlays to create picture in picture and split screen effects
• Choose to hide the border that surrounds picture in picture and split screen effects
• Instantly return to the edit screen of your project when switching back to iMovie from other applications
• ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
• For users with videos in iMovie Theater, the Theater window is now accessible from the ••• menu at the bottom of the Projects screen
• Sharing to iMovie Theater is no longer supported; save your movies and trailers to iCloud Photos to watch them on other devices including Apple TV
• Resolves an issue that could lead to a black viewer when previewing your video fullscreen on an external display
Ratings and Reviews
Moving the texts at a different angle and not always at the center
Hi! I have been using IMovie for 7 months and i love it. One thing that i want to ask you to update the app is to move the texts anywhere that we like and not always on the center or at the bottom. I don’t want to be rude but could you please update the texts? I would be appreciated if you do. I hope you will notice me and i am looking forward for your reply.
Soundcloud connection and Blank trailer templates
I really want the music in my Sound cloud to be directly accessible through iMovie, where it can be accessed through the + column in the movie sector.
iMovie will also be a lot better if a Blank Trailer template for the Trailer template was added. It’ll be better if there is a ‘+music’ column added where we can choose the music. It’ll be a lot easier also to have Voice over.
Crashes and lags OFTEN
So far, I’ve used this app 3 times to edit my school projects....All 3 times crashed on me and I had to redo the entire video....Just recently, I was editing an hour long video but I shortened it down to a 10 minutes long video, it suddenly crashed when I was about to finish it up. I spent approximately 2 hours editing it, I was REALLY frustrated. I even refreshed the app, I still couldn’t click on my project, it just keeps on lagging and crashing. TBH, I suggest yall to use SPLICE, I think it’s way better. Yes, I am really angry because I just wasted 2 hours of my time editing my video with this scrappy app.
- Apple Distribution International
- 714.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.