Experience the best of The Straits Times award-winning content with the latest changes to ST app. The app is free to download, and all users can read non-Premium stories in their entirety.
Here are some other features of the ST app you might like:
- Create your own homepage so you can read what matters to you first
- Subscribe to get full access to Premium content, such as exclusives, features and analyses from our best writers and veteran journalists
- Receive push alerts on topics of your choice
- Listen to news
- Save articles to read later
- Preload The Straits Times ePaper on Wi-Fi to read offline (only applicable to All-Digital, All-Digital + Print subscribers and subscriptions via iTunes)
Your subscription options:
• 7-day subscription for SGD 7.98
• 1-month subscription for SGD 29.98
• Readers can choose to subscribe for 7 days or for 1 month
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Terms of Service: https://www.sph.com.sg/terms-and-conditions/app-for-ios/
Get this update for minor UX enhancements and a crash fix for some users.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Firstly, please do something about my music being cut off whenever I enter the app. All of the other apps have no issues keeping my music playing in the background - why is this still happening for ST?
Next, the news coverage. I don’t even think I’m getting half of the news available in the hard copy newspaper, at least not by scrolling through the tabs. That’s not the way to go if you’re trying to encourage people to jump on the digital wagon.
And then there’s the general interface. I won’t even talk about how buggy the app is and how frequently it stops loading or crashes altogether. It’s design is dated and doesn’t seem like it’s built for lengthy reading. I’m a subscriber to NYT as well and their interface is much classier and inviting. It actually makes me feel like I’m reading an ebook.
Slow loading after subscription
Before subscription, the speed was acceptable. After subscription, every time start the app takes longer to load. Probably is authenticating. One improvement suggestion: auto logout another device when we try to sign into a new device. As many times when am at home I use my tablet. When am out am using my phone. And often I forget to sign out at home, and cannot then sign in at my phone. I think this is a feature many users would like to have.
Consistent failure to restore subscription after being logout
I have been consistently being log out and unable to restore my subscription. The message was transaction failed. Try another time. This is causing a lot of frustration. After going to Strait times, they said since I subscribed using iTunes, they can’t fix my problem 4 days after I asked for help. In the iTunes, I can’t even find where to look for support. All app support leads me back to Strait times and back to square 1. If this doesn’t get sorted out I will terminate my subscription. Doesn’t make sense if I am paying but all I can view are the free for all news. Might as well I go goggle news that I won’t be charge a cent but has similar content here.
- Singapore Press Holdings
- 123.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Singapore Press Holdings
- In-App Purchases
- ST monthly subscription S$ 29.98
- ST weekly subscription S$ 7.98
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.