Welcome to Śavāsana, the most comprehensive app for Yoga Nidra meditation - designed by experienced teachers and practitioners, narrated by experts.
- Full-length Yoga Nidra sessions (20-40 minutes each).
- Sleep-Aid / Nighttime sessions optimized for high-quality sleep or meditation (10 minutes each).
- Includes meditation techniques originally taught by His Holiness the XIVth Dalai Lama, Satyananda Saraswati of the Bihar School of Yoga, and other great teachers.
- No subscriptions. The content you purchase is made permanently available for you to practice any time you'd like.
If you are new to Yoga Nidra or guided relaxation meditations, we make the practice simple and easy to follow. Just get comfortable, lie down in a relaxing posture, and press play. Our experienced teachers will guide you into deep relaxation. All you have to do is listen, let go, and relax.
For advanced students of meditation, the Śavāsana app is a powerful way to deepen self-awareness, release emotional & karmic tension, and prepare for high-level meditation techniques.
Yoga Nidra is a proven therapeutic method for treating post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, and insomnia. The United States military has found Yoga Nidra and other yogic therapies to be the most effective therapeutic method for veterans of war suffering PTSD. (For serious illnesses, we definitely recommend working with licensed clinical professionals as well.)
Whether you just want to get a good night's sleep, reduce stress, let go of emotional tension, or become more self-aware, our team is here for you.
Download the app and experience deep relaxation, high-quality sleep, and expansive self-awareness.
Four full-length Yoga Nidra meditations -
- Introductory Yoga Nidra w/ Nancy Wu (24:42)
- The Subtle Body w/ Arthur V. (29:44)
- Ocean & Moon w/ Nancy Wu (33:03)
- Âjnâ Chakra w/ Arthur V. (36:47)
Four Nighttime/Sleep-Aid sessions optimized for high-quality sleep -
- Relaxing the Body w/ Arthur V. (12:11)
- Deepening the Breath w/ Nancy Wu (10:28)
- Calming the Mind w/ Nancy Wu (8:50)
- Sankalpa w/ Arthur V. (11:39)
These meditation techniques are most effective when the stomach is empty. They can be practiced any time of day - morning, afternoon, evening or nighttime.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for my practice, and very user friendly!
I really enjoy using this app, especially when I need some me time to tune into myself and let go of stress from everyday life. I'm the kind of person who always wants to practice, but needs a guide. So, this is exactly what I needed! I love the variety of choices within the app that enables me to go in-depth during a 30 minute session, or unwind after a long day with a shorter nighttime session. Highly recommended for anyone who is interested in conscious relaxation practices. The app is simple, clean, and really easy to navigate and use.
Puts me to sleep every time!
I’ve used Arthur V’s Yoga Nidra: Ajna Chakra recording as a sleep aid probably hundreds of times now and I think I’ve only stayed awake through the whole thing a handful of times. It’s very relaxing and calming and distracts my anxious mind by making me present in the moment. It eases me into a good night sleep or a refreshing nap. My mom listens to the recording whenever she wants a pick-me-up in her day and it gives her a lot more energy. I am forever grateful to Arthur V!
Beautiful with excellent narration
I have a lot of meditation apps. This is one of my favorites. The app itself is lovely and has an intuitive interface, but what I really love is the excellent narration of the guided meditations. The voices are crisp, clear, and calm and the meditations are just wonderful; I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality meditation app.
The developer, Insight Design LC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Insight Design LC
- 83.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Insight Design LC
- In-App Purchases
- 'Calming the Mind' with Nancy Wu $1.99
- 'Sankalpa' with Arthur V. $1.99
- 'Ocean & Moon' with Nancy Wu $2.99
- 'Deepening the Breath' with Nancy Wu $1.99
- 'The Subtle Body' with Arthur V. $2.99
- 'Âjnâ Chakra' with Arthur V. $2.99