12 Minute Athlete 4+
12 Minute Athlete
Designed for iPhone
- Offers In-App Purchases
Get in the best shape of your life today. No excuses!
12 Minute Athlete is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) regimen of incredibly effective workouts that you can do in around just 12 minutes a day with minimal equipment & no gym membership.
“Never has it been easier to get in a workout. Seriously, this app is so simple to use, it gives you a new workout with exactly the gear you have on hand & you don’t even need to set your timer. And it takes 12 minutes. Boom!”
“Absolutely the best fitness app for those who want a truly killer workout in minimal time whether or not you have access to a gym or equipment. If you get only one fitness app ever, this is the one to buy.”
“This is the best app I have EVER purchased. It is priceless. I love the pics and the videos. The timer is great! Everything about it is amazing. It’s so simple & easy to use.”
“Excellent app. Very well designed, great workout randomized to keep you motivated each day. I’ve been a fan of 12 Minute Athlete on the web for some time now & this app is exactly what I would have hoped for!”
“This app makes it so easy to get a varied, quick, hardcore workout in. From the built in timer to the videos explaining the moves to the selection of workouts based off of equipment one has available, this is a godsend. Who doesn’t have 12 minutes in their day to do something good for themselves?”
* Featured on KTLA TV, CreativeLive MindBodyGreen, NotCot.org, Gear Patrol, Coolmaterial.com *
Includes detailed instructions & video demonstrations of the exercises to help you get through each of the workouts. Just pick how long you want your workout to be, choose which equipment you want to use, then work hard!
- 185+ full-body HIIT workouts to choose from. Workouts are either 12 minutes, 16 minutes or time challenge.
- Short, intense workouts focus on strength, cardio, interval & core training.
- Seven possible equipment choices with option to choose bodyweight-only workout as well.
- Simple functionality, easy & fun to use.
- 35+ bodyweight and equipment-based exercises included.
- Access to step-by-step instructions and video demonstrations for every exercise, any time.
- Ability to save favorite workouts and interval timers for easy access.
- Share your workout on Facebook & Twitter.
- Interval timer & stopwatch give options to do your own workouts at any time.
- Integration with the iPhone Health Application
NEW: BECOME A SUPER ATHLETE
Join the virtual 12 Minute Athlete gym & take your fitness to the next level. Subscribe now for $9.99/month or $99.99/year & get:
- Immediate access to 200+ awesome new workouts, including AMRAP, boxing, tabata workouts & more
- Set up goals for how many workouts a week you want to do and the app will remind you
- Get all new workouts 3-4x a week pushed straight to your phone as soon as they're released on 12minuteathlete.com!
- Workout Tracking & Data Visualization: Track your workout activity, view your PRs & see lifetime insights with really cool graphs and visual aids.
- User Profile & Goal Setting: Easily view your personal data, keep track of PRs, workout frequency & more.
- Workout Power Packs: Power Packs include Apartment-friendly workouts, Tabata workouts, Boxing workouts & more!
- Access to our brand new Workout Programs
- Payments will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscriptions automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good content but mediocre UI / tech
I got this app because I wanted to use my watch exclusively without my phone. That promise is partially delivered. The phone needs to be in range to start any workout. There's no way to add the app to your watch homescreen. You'd think they'd program that so you use it more. It's unclear how to stop or pause a workout - Maybe this by design? Eh. The redeeming factor is the workouts themselves. The content of them and the portion of the UI while you're doing the workout
Not what it sounds or looks like...
This App is more of a “trap” instead of a freedom individual workout. You pay $2.99 for just an already set 12 minutes or a 16 minutes workout that you cannot edit nor change workouts etc. In order words, if you don’t like that 12 mins or 16 mins workout this app is pretty much useless. I think you should be able to set your own exercises from the ones available and create your own workout. So if you want to have more of a freedom, you have to spend even more money and purchase one of their “workout packs” which will unlock more workouts. But once again, they are all already set workouts so if there’s one in that workout pack you can’t do because you don’t have the equipment needed, you can’t substitute it or change it for another one. Also, you can’t view the exercise packages BEFORE buying a pack so if you don’t end up liking that workout pack, you’re once again screwed. You should be able to see what you’re buying first!!!
They also offer types of programs and a monthly and annually programs. At the end of the day, the main idea of this app is to be a business trap rather then a workout app. I would love my money back for the app and packs I bought. Not happy.
Need to adjust work/rest intervals
I love this app, and workout routine. Minimum equipment and time, high intensity, excellent results. Just enter you equipment, shake your phone, and get a randomized workout. Super easy.
The only reason I give it 4/5 is because I’d like to be able to adjust the work/rest intervals. It defaults to either 50 on / 10 off or 30 on 10 off. I.D prefer 15-25 of rest.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 12 Minute Athlete, LLC
- 269.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 12 Minute Athlete, LLC 2013
- In-App Purchases
- Super Athlete $9.99
- Super Athlete $3.99
- Super Athlete $9.99
- Super Athlete $99.99
- Beginner HIIT Workouts $0.99
- Apartment Friendly Workouts $0.99
- Strong Core Workouts $0.99
- 4-Minute Tabata Workouts $0.99
- Upper Body Strength Workouts $0.99
- Boxing HIIT Workouts $0.99