Privately share photos, videos, measurements and stories of your children with loved ones.
Trusted by millions of families worldwide and with no advertising.
23snaps lets you save all of your special family moments in a beautiful online journal. Our free family album allows you to collect photos, videos and stories of your child’s precious moments, and privately share them with your family and close friends.
Don’t worry if your family members don’t have iPhones or iPads – they can follow your updates on other mobile devices, on the web and by email!
Becoming a parent is an amazing journey. As your child grows and develops, you’ll want to save those special moments and share them with the ones you love, be they just around the corner or on the other side of the world.
With the 23snaps app you can create a living online journal for your child that grows into a wonderful record not just of those precious ‘firsts’, but of their day to day life too. Invite close friends and family to watch with you as your child learns about the world around them, and they’ll be able to share each incredible moment as it happens, adding their own comments and thoughts to your updates.
Children grow up so quickly, but now with 23snaps you can cherish every precious moment forever.
“Try a Facebook alternative. 23snaps is designed to help you share photos, videos and updates of your kids exclusively with family and close friends. It’s a free app that doesn’t expose private content to the wider online community.” – Mother & Baby Magazine
“If you are looking for an Instagram replacement, I would steer parents toward iPhone app 23snaps.” – C NET
“I love the idea of being able to create a “digital journal” of my son’s life. This would be a great keepsake for him as well as a cool way to keep in touch with loved ones who live far enough away that they don’t see him on a regular basis.” – Modern Baby
23snaps has been featured in Mother & Baby Magazine, Baby London Magazine, Baby & Pregnancy Magazine, Baby World, Baby Buzz Magazine, Mashable, CNET, CTV, and is winner of the Silver award for Best Family App in the Loved by Parents Awards.
- Upload photos, videos, height and weight measurements, and status updates.
- Connect with a partner and you both can add your own updates for your children.
- Invite your loved ones to receive real time mobile or email notifications
- Family can follow on iPhone, iPad, other smartphones, online or by email only.
- Family and friends content can leave smiles, hearts and comments.
- Completely private and secure, only the people you approve can see your photos.
- Organize your memories into collections.
- View photos in a timeline, gallery or calendar view.
23snaps is free to use forever! For people wanting to get the full power of the app, we also offer premium features such as longer high quality videos and more.
About our Family Premium Subscription
• Includes unlimited storage for all your HD videos and photos
• Post high quality HD videos videos up to 3 minutes long
• Discounts on all print orders
• Priority support
• Subscriptions are on a monthly basis
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms and conditions:: http://23snaps.com/home/terms
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for
I wanted a photo sharing app where I could share pictures with my family and only my family. I also wanted something with online albums for easy sorting and some way to write down notes. I wasn’t interested in something that I would constantly have to update privacy settings or pick and choose which groups could see which pictures. This app has everything I wanted and it doesn’t have anything I didn’t want (hope that makes sense). I love that it is by invite only. I love that everything is well organized. I have consistently used this app for many years and it is still relevant and useful to me.
Pretty good FB alternative
Overall I like this app. We use it to share what’s going on with out friends and family. From what I can tell, they respect user privacy which is the distinction from FB.
So, the bottom line is that it’s good. That said, here is what concerns me and/or I’d like to see I. Future versions:
1. They don’t update that often. That’s concerning because it makes me think their revenue model isn’t working and they could go under any day. Then what happens to all the content I’ve invested?
2. I wish I could create paragraphs. Everything is one huge paragraph. It seems like a small thing but not being able to properly format your writing kinda stinks.
3. The signup process for people that you give access to is a bit wonky. I’ve had to help people get through it, and it should just be easy.
4. Other people can contribute to your feed. I don’t like that. I want to manage who can and cannot add posts to my family’s feed. I especially want to be able to delete anything I don’t approve of.
5. I wish the max number of words allowed for for stories was longer. Sometimes I want to write an actual story. Crazy.
I pay the monthly fee for the HD video upload. I think it’s worth it. I like this app. I’m just nervous it’s not getting much attention
6 Years - Minimal Innovation
Our family has been using 23Snaps for 6 years now and it has been a great way to share pictures with family and friends in a private fashion. We have even recommended the app to many friends. While it’s been awesome using the tool, it has had minimal innovation in 6 years.
- no new or changed photo filter options.
- no stickers or other effects available.
- no support for GIF images.
- cannot combine video and photos in a story.
- status updates cannot contain paragraphs - it’s all one block of text.
- no text formatting options.
- no notification sounds
- no AI (artificial intelligence) for surfacing pictures or generating recommendations.
- no additional reaction options
- no comment tagging
The most recent feature set enhancement was a paid tier that allowed for longer videos (up to 3 minutes instead of 1), HD video, and priority support. This is not “innovation.”
Unfortunately, this is a super sticky app and a change would require not only migrating all photos, but also migrating a host of family and friends and that just isn’t feasible. I would be happy to pay a monthly or annual subscription if I was seeing regular feature releases and enhancements, but it seems like the company has all but shut down and is doing the bare minimum to keep the app alive.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 23 SNAPS LIMITED
- 37.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 23 Snaps Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 23snaps Family Premium 1 Month $3.99
- Premium 12 Month Gift $49.99
- Premium 3 Month Gift $16.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.