A must-have app for library users! Easily borrow physical items using your mobile device, receive reminders, manage receipts and discover new digital content all within the cloudLibrary app!
Extremely intuitive, all it takes is a library card to login and get started! Designed for an enjoyable experience, users can benefit from many new features, depending on their library’s subscription.
- Easily accessible library card, which conveniently displays when you’re near the library
- Switch accounts with ease and manage multiple library cards from one mobile device
- Download and enjoy free eBooks and Audiobooks
- Keep track of your physical and digital library activity in one place
- Receive helpful receipts, due-date reminders and packable checklists
- Visible push notifications alert when hold items are available
- View upcoming library events and programs
- Checkout print items at your library using your mobile device
- Fun and loveable customizations include Themes, Avatars and Nicknames
For libraries that have a subscription to offer eBooks and Audiobooks:
- Customize your homepage bookshelves to display your preferred genres
- Simple interface makes browsing and saving titles a breeze
- Filter content by format, availability and language to display exactly what you are looking for
- Mark titles as favorites or read to help with literary conversations with friends
- Sync digital content across multiple devices to easily pick up where you left off
- View current books, full reading history, items on hold and saved titles in one place
- Sort titles by name or author to easily find what you’re looking for
- Receive reading recommendations or view additional titles by author or series
- Select font size, margins and background colors to create your preferred reading experience
- Search eBooks for a particular phrase to get back to that one spot you wanted to reference
- Bookmark pages and add notes if needed
- Return titles early when you’re finished and make available for other readers
Elevate your library experience today with the cloudLibrary app!
Who has many thumbs and squashed some bugs….the cloudLibrary team!
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been loving this app for several months. Recently I’ve become very frustrated by an apparently new glitch; almost every time I stop reading & bookmark a page, I discover that when I return to resume reading the book has frozen at the beginning of that chapter or on that page. I can’t continue reading unless I shut down my Apple phone, the quicker fix, or more time-consuming - delete the entire app & then download it again. That means going to my country & State & re-entering my Library card & also downloading the books again. Luckily, it does then take me back to the place in the book where I stopped reading. However it’s frustrating & time consuming. I love using an app to electronically borrow books from my library. And when I first started using Cloud Library it was so convenient & worked consistently well. Now, it’s just frustrating an unreliable. Please help.
PS. I wish there was an easier way to send you feedback when a glitch exists. I talked to the reference librarian at my local library & he too has recently been having problems with this app as well, so at least I know there are 2 of us. Since there’s no way to send feedback beyond this review, I wonder if you even know there is a problem?
Lacks ability set book filters
Sep 2022: forced to use only this app by my library but it is stable now. Cannot set filters for type (ebook), genre, audience, etc. Able to find titles.
Mar 2022: app crashes whenever opened. I tried deleting and reinstalling.
2021:There is much need for improvement in this app. For now my library offers this, Libby and Overdrive. The one thing this app does well is to sync books between devices. What is truly confounding is that many of the books I search for on Cloud are NOT available but when I go to Overdrive they are. For 3 months now, I used used both apps to find the same title in my same public library. Cloud found 3 titles of the 42 that I entered, while Overdrive found them all! The Cloud help menu is lame I had to email my library to find out how to enlarge text font. Cloud had no option to renew- Overdrive does. In Cloud the books just disappear with no notice while Overdrive gives a countdown so you know how many days are left before I need to renew. The filter menu is extremely limited and less intuitive compared to Overdrive. I must admit that when Overdrive entered the picture back around 2008 (?) I found it extremely difficult to configure and use but at least a Help Menu existed to walk me through what it did and didn't do. By 2012 it had improved significantly and by 2014 I really began to enjoy Overdrive. Perhaps Cloud will see the same improvements in time, but for now I see no advantage to waste my time using it.
I am reading again!
This app has helped me read books again. For a few years now I have been so busy and cannot find time to read. With this app I can! Now I download audio books (for free) to listen to while I drive in the car or in my headphones when I walk or if I am waiting at the doctor or for a meeting or out walking. This is great, because I have books on my mobile device that I always carry- I always have books with me. I also download books to just read on my mobil device and I don’t have to worry about late fees. My elderly mom who was an avid reader but has had eye problems of late is now able to “read” again too, because of the audio books. All this takes is a library card. So simple. The only downside is sometimes the audio versions of a book I want are not available, so I have to get the digital one and I have to stare at a screen to read & that I cannot do while I drive, workout or walk. More audio versions would be nice if possible, please!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bibliotheca Ltd
- 146.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
English, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Maori, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2012-2021, Bibliotheca