Prizes available worldwide in all three formats: print, digital, and audio!
Import your Goodreads data: We will import all of your currently-reading, read, to-read, and did-not-finish shelves. Any custom shelves will be mapped to a custom tag on The StoryGraph.
Simple tracking and insightful stats: Easily track and learn about your reading habits with our wide range of charts and graphs. See how your reading develops over time and use that to help you pick better books.
Get smart personalized recommendations: Our machine learning AI is like your trusted go-to friend for book recommendations. It'll understand your reading preferences and find the best books for you.
Discover books by mood: In the mood for something adventurous, funny, and fast-paced? What about a darker, slower, more emotional read? Mix and match our comprehensive set of filters to choose your next perfect book.
Read with friends: Add live reactions to specific parts of the book without fear of spoilers. Comments are locked for other participants until they reach that point in their reading. Don't have people to read with? We’ve got machine learning-powered suggestions for great reading buddies.
Reading Challenges: Want to read one book from every country in the world? Or how about read a book per week across a range of genres? Our reading challenges feature help you set up personal goals or join in with others.
Custom Tags: Enhance your book tracking and discovery by making use of our custom tags feature. You can search and filter books by your tags and share curated lists with friends.
Content Warnings: When you review a book, you can let us know if there's any content within it that might be triggering for others. Then, when searching for your next read, all of this information is at your disposal.
• Import your Goodreads account
• Reading charts and graphs
• Buddy reads
• Personalized machine learning recommendations
• Follow your friends to see what they're reading
• Annual reading and page goals
• Search/browse books by mood, pace, and more
• Custom tags
• Lists to share with your friends or the public
• Create your own reading challenge or join in with others
• Browse similar books
• Find similar users
• Half and quarter star ratings
• Built-in DNF (Did Not Finish) functionality (including tracking pages read)
• Progress updates with built-in reading journal
• Author-approved and user-submitted content warnings
• Dark Mode
Want to support an independent, Goodreads alternative? Consider upgrading to Plus!
• Keep the platform ad-free: You'll help The StoryGraph stay independent!
• Advanced Stats: Compare any two time slices of your data side-by-side and get stats pages for any of your custom tags
• Up Next Suggestions: Not sure what to read next? We'll look at your To-Read Pile and give you smart, personalised suggestions
• Buddy Read Book Suggestions: Want to read with friends but don't know which book to choose? We suggest books that we think the group will love
• Unlimited Recommendations: Search for personal recommendations, based on your mood and reading preferences, as many times as you want to!
• Advanced Similar Users: Search for users based on what they typically like to read in order to expand your personal book community and discover new books
• Personalised Similar Books: When browsing books, see similar book suggestions that are unique to you
• Shape the roadmap: You get to vote and comment on upcoming features as well as submit official requests for new ones
• Priority Support: Your support tickets and requests for book information updates will be handled first
Terms of Service:https://app.thestorygraph.com/terms-of-service
What's new in v.1.7?
• Status icons are now white in Dark Mode
• Fix issue of the app stalling/not loading properly after it has been idle
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app so much!!
This is definitely one of the top three most used apps on my phone and I can’t say enough good things about it. Importing all my data from Goodreads was so easy to do, the stats are unmatched, the search tools are incredibly advanced, and the ability to pick out your next read based on mood is something you can’t get anywhere else. They’ve just added a new giveaways section which is fantastic as well!
I also love how easy it is to participate in and/or create your own reading challenges! There are so many great ones already on the app and it’s been a great way for me to track specific reading goals I have throughout the year. Combined with the unparalleled amount of stats they provide, I can’t think of any parts of my reading that I can’t track with this app!
On top of all of this, the incredible (and incredibly small) team is so passionate and dedicated to their work on this app and it’s users. They respond to issues ridiculously fast and utilize the help of volunteer librarians to keep the book data up to date and accurate. I truly can’t name an app that I’ve ever had a better experience with overall!
Hi, I hope the developers see this!
I love the functionality of this app for myself, however I think it could use improvements in the social area and the aesthetic areas. It’s very clean and easy to read which is great, but the app could benefit from more “photogenic” layouts like letterboxd. People love sharing screenshots of their top movies or their recently watched movies paired with the movie posters, and it gets people to download the app. I would like to be able to share what I’m doing on StoryGraph in an aesthetically appealing way so that more of my friends want to get the app and join in on the fun 😃 updates to profiles so that they display more reading stats, favorites, to read piles etc. for other people would be excellent!
Additionally, on the social side, it would be nice if the timeline to see what my friends are reading/adding to their to read pile/ratings/etc. was more easy to see. The updates are rather large. It can also be hard to find people, and I’m confused about the difference between following people and being friends with them? What are the differences between the two statuses? Anyways!! Love the app, great alternative for goodreads. All my critiques come from a place of love, I really hope the app continues to grow and improve and eventually becomes a more social platform for sharing and discussion because more people need to read!! And reading is fun when you get to share it 🏼
Developer Response ,
Hello! There's only one developer and I've now seen your review (as I see all of them). :-D
We're aware of all of the things you mention and are actively working on our user interface, usability, easier ways to share parts of the app, etc.
You can keep track on our various social media platforms (right now Instagram and Twitter, and I have a biweekly founder newsletter where I talk about what's going on behind-the-scenes with the product — https://us20.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=f2926632bb76f32d457fc3bad&id=ac215706b6) and our roadmap: roadmap.thestorygraph.com.
The delight factor is high
Over the last year, StoryGraph has become essential to tracking my reading progress, and I’m so glad to have an indy option. I liked it before the redesign and I love it even more now. I’m a PLUS customer, and I absolutely get $5 worth of value every month. I look at StoryGraph every day to plan my TBR.
The new and look feel of the app is great. It is super clean and easy to navigate. The product team is entertaining all kinds of ideas for the roadmap, and they are small but mighty team! I was delighted to get a quick response to my feature suggestion, even if they couldn’t prioritize it just now.
They really know what readers want from the data (making it easy to see how I’m progressing and engaging with my reading goals, and THEN letting me drill a bit into those trends) and social experience (NOT comment thread dumpster fire NOR a competition that alienates readers who may read at different paces and for different reasons). The delight factor is high.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The StoryGraph Limited
- 1.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © The StoryGraph Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The StoryGraph Plus Monthly $4.99
- The StoryGraph Plus Annual $49.99