The StoryGraph helps you track your reading and choose your next book based on your mood and your favorite topics and themes.
Import your Goodreads data: We will import all of your currently-reading, read, to-read, and did-not-finish shelves. Any custom shelves will be mapped to a custom tag on The StoryGraph.
Discover books by mood: In the mood for something adventurous, funny, and fast-paced? What about a darker, slower, more emotional book? Whatever you're in the mood for, mix and match our comprehensive set of filter options to find a book just right for you.
Get smart personalized recommendations: Our machine learning AI is like your trusted go-to friend for book recommendations. Communicate with it so it can understand your reading preferences in detail and then find the best matches for you, whatever you're in the mood for.
Simple tracking and insightful stats: As you track what you're reading, learn about the type of books you gravitate towards the most with our wide range of charts and graphs. You can see how your reading develops over time and use that information to help you pick better books.
Reading Challenges: Want to read one book from every country in the world? Or how about read a book per week across a range of genres? Our reading challenges feature help you set up personal goals or join in with others.
Custom Tags: Enhance your book tracking and discovery by making use of our custom tags feature. You can search and filter books by your tags and share curated lists with friends.
Content Warnings: When you review a book, you can let us know if there's any content within it that might be triggering for others. Then, when searching for your next read, all of this information is at your disposal.
• Import your Goodreads account
• Reading charts and graphs
• Personalized machine learning recommendations
• Follow your friends to see what they're reading
• Annual reading and page goals
• Search/browse books by mood, pace, and more
• Custom tags
• Lists to share with your friends or the public
• Create your own reading challenge or join in with others
• Browse similar books
• Find similar users
• Half and quarter star ratings
• Built-in DNF (Did Not Finish) functionality (including tracking pages read)
• Progress updates with built-in reading journal
• Author-approved and user-submitted content warnings
Want to support an independent, Goodreads alternative? Consider upgrading to Plus!
• Keep the platform ad-free: You'll help The StoryGraph stay independent!
• Advanced Stats: Compare any two time slices of your data side-by-side and get stats pages for any of your custom tags
• Unlimited Recommendations: Search for personal recommendations, based on your mood and reading preferences, as many times as you want to!
• Advanced Similar Users: Search for users based on what they typically like to read in order to expand your personal book community and discover new books
• Personalised Similar Books: When browsing books, see similar book suggestions that are unique to you
• Shape the roadmap: You get to vote and comment on upcoming features as well as submit official requests for new ones
• Priority Support: Your support tickets and requests for book information updates will be handled first
Terms of Service:https://app.thestorygraph.com/terms-of-service
What's new in v.1.1?
Just the one bug fix for you today:
• The app no longer crashes when a user attempts to use their phone camera to take a photo for their profile picture
Ratings and Reviews
incredible tool for readers!!
i love this app so much!! i heard about it on tiktok & immediately downloaded it. i’ve been using it for about a week or two now & it’s so so amazing!! the features & interface are so so great and it’s evident that the people involved in making the app love reading & have a passion for this project. there’s nothing i don’t love. I know it’s a work in progress so i’m super excited for things like the reading recommendations to become even more personalized, and for more nuanced privacy settings!! i use this app pretty much daily. it’s made reading even more fun, and i’ve told everyone I know about it. i love to put in my TBR, update my reading progress w my current reads & use the private journal to list my thoughts, see what my friends are reading through the community tab, and organize all my TBR, owned books, DNF’d books, etc, with tags. if you like reading even a little, try storygraph!!!
I listed everything I love in the “what kind of books do you like to read?” section of the reading preferences, and now every time I view my recommendations, it’s like the app is saying “and we love you, too.” Just good books I am consistently eager to read.
As someone who never got over the whole thing with Jinni (if you were there, you *know*), I feel immense relief knowing I can get good recommendations without fearing that one day they will sell my data to the highest bidder and leave me high and dry.
And frankly, it’s just better than the competition. They get readers. They are readers. They listen.
New kid on the block?
I just realized almost all reviews are within past couple of days so there is my evidence :)
The app has a simple streamlined also uncluttered interface. I like the general minimalist aesthetic which plays a big part for continued use as a new user. I am impressed with the recommendations as I have been building a small ‘library’, online or offline. The books fall neatly into the niches I am currently focusing on while bearing surprise factor to expand on my own list. This is a gem for sure.
I guess it really depends on the longevity of those apps, growth potential, user base…Last Goodread replacement seems to be out of the cyberspace before I get to check it out (after I first learned about it some years ago)…At least I am a front runner for this one!
So maybe share some findings, 1st, the app doesn’t stay signing in, so it’s a bit inconvenient having to type credential every time. 2nd the Current On…section is like a young adult gold mine, pretty irrelevant to my reading selection. So no idea what’s the algorithm behind…
Question is if I start to add data to this, how long will they stay on? Also how good is the archive the app is searching? How solid is the search/display algorithm? The order of the search results are quite interesting…
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for the review and feedback. The app should never log you out unless you explicitly log out. Please email into firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into that for you.
Regarding the "Currently on StoryGraph" section, that's a sampling of books that have been recently updated in the app by the team or our volunteer librarians. It can change day by day, but it's not personalised to the user at all. If you click into that section, you can then use the filter menu to adjust the selection to your tastes. However, there is the recommendations section, which will be perfectly tailored to you once your reading preferences survey is filled out!
We're always tweaking our algorithms based on feedback so do not hesitate to share more of your thoughts at email@example.com.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The StoryGraph Limited
- 1.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © The StoryGraph Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The StoryGraph Plus Monthly $4.99
- The StoryGraph Plus Annual $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.