The 800 HazRx® mobile application informs you that the drug you are handling is hazardous and provides some guidance on how to handle it safely. This mobile app applies to you if you work in any healthcare setting and engage in the compounding, dispensing, administration, transport, storage, or waste management of hazardous drugs.
The app allows you to:
• Search any generic or branded drug to identify if it is on the NIOSH hazardous drug list
• Identify hazardous drugs by NIOSH Group 1, 2, or 3
• View guidance on how to safely engage with the hazardous drug based on established standards such as USP General Chapter 800
• Bookmark hazardous drugs that you frequently handle for quick reference
• View drug label information via DailyMed
• Receive monthly updates to the list of drugs that are considered hazardous
• Discover additional resources and education available to safely handle hazardous drugs
The mobile app DOES NOT:
• Replace your institution’s protocols or procedures
• Provide therapeutic guidance or clinical decision support on which drugs are appropriate to administer to a patient
Ratings and Reviews
Worth every penny
So easy to use. What can take hours to find available at my fingertips! No drug label has NIOSH information on it. Love it.
Not worth paying for
Pretty sad excuse for an app. Wish I could get my money back. I’m a pharmacist and this is no more helpful. Just a round about way of getting the same information.
I am a pharmacy technician and I paid for this app to help me. They link you to information that you can get for FREE. Might as well not waste your money and just get all this information on Dailymed.
- The United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc.
- 46.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © The United States Pharmacopeial Convention
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.