8mm Vintage Camera 4+
Authentic retro film effects
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
8mm is so realistic it was even used to film scenes in the Oscar-winning documentary Searching for Sugar Man!
We have established the de facto standard of real-time retro film emulation. It was featured by Apple in App of the Day, App of the Week, In the Director's Chair, App Store Essentials, etc.
8mm Vintage Camera captures the beauty and magic of old-school vintage movies right through your viewfinder. Dust and scratches, retro colors, flickering, light leaks, and even frame shake, all can be instantly added with a single tap of the finger.
SHOOT BOTH PHOTOS AND VIDEOS WITH SOPHISTICATED LIVE EFFECTS
• Combine effects of film color, halation, dust & scratch, film grain, and softening to create authentic old-school movies
• Adjust the strength of the effects to achieve your own unique visual style
• 10 Lenses (frame) effects: Projector, Vignetting, Light Leak, Color Fringing, Super 8, Screen, 16mm, Tube, color negatives of Super 8 and 16mm
• 21 Retro & Aged Films: 1920, Noir, 60s, 70s, Sakura, XPro, Siena, Pela, Indigo, Tuscan, Two-Color, 2-Strip, 3X, and monochromes
• Additional 21 filters that emulate real historical films and expired films - available with the 8mm Pro subscription
• Jitter Button to imitate real 8mm projectors frame shakes
• Sound Switch to add projector sound for extra authenticity or mute the video for a silent movie effect.
• Up to 4K 30fps with original unfiltered video recording on newer devices
A COMPACT EDITOR FOR MOVIE CREATION
- Apply film and frame effects to clips
- Trim video, pan & zoom photo
- Add a soundtrack from your music library
- Choose from 5 unique themes with matching titles, transitions
8MM PRO SUBSCRIPTION
- You can subscribe or make a one-time purchase for unlimited access to all current filters and future updates
- Start your subscription with a free 7-day trial. Once the trial is over, you’ll be charged an annual subscription fee
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your Settings > Apple ID > Subscriptions to turn auto-renew off
• 8 new 35mm films for our 8mm Pro subscribers
• 2 new frames of Super 8 and 16mm color negative films with black sprockets
• Display current value when adjusting filter
Ratings and Reviews
Shooting movies on film may be a dying art, but just because we live in the digital age doesn’t mean we have to abandon our analog past. We get warm, nostalgic fuzzies from 8mm Vintage Camera’s grainy, flickery film filters and lens effects, conjuring up memories of vacation travelogues screened in wood-paneled basements. It’s not just about old-school kicks, though—this powerful suite of tools can give any video an authentic period look.
Value for money
In an age where a “decent” app requires a monthly subscription including a quart of your blood, an app like this is amazing. Firstly, the effects of phenomenal, especially if you’re into making arty / edgy style movies for creative reasons (my favourite filter is the 1920s). Secondly, it is long supported by the developers though they’re not sucking dry the people who originally bought the app as a once-off purchase. The only way we’ll get apps like this again to be common place is if we only subscribe to services that deliver significant content regularly (like streaming services) and turn out backs on apps that initially started off as a once off buy but then changed it into a subscription model basically forcing you into B s subscriptions.
It’s a “Greed is Good” mentality and it only works if we let it. Rather, for innovation’s sake, support apps like this, then look into their latest pay once apps and support them that way.
Otherwise app tech just stagnates and grows incriminately.
Another greed-based update
UPDATE 2022: Whoa! Greed happens! I bought this wonderful, 5-star app a few years ago and had a great time making Halloween movies. Now, suddenly, it’s a subscription based “update”?! Why is this subscription model taking off like a rocket in the App Store? Too many photo editing apps are going this route. Do the developers realize that these apps are NOT necessities? Professional photographers buy software packages for work. The rest of us tinker and play and amuse ourselves with photo/video editing. I won’t be updating this app, and when it finally stops working, I’ll simply delete it and go live my life without it. I strongly encourage everyone else to do the same.
Original review: I had to update my review to 5 stars because the complaints I had were all my own fault. After looking further through the app, I found what I needed with just a couple of exceptions. First need: I’d like an update to allow control via a selfie stick through the lightening cable port (as on the newer iPhones). Second, a zoom feature! I couldn’t figure out how to zoom?! Come on! Even the actual 8mm cameras in the 1960’s had a zoomable lens. Otherwise, I love this app. It’s just hours and hours of fun!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NEXVIO INC.
- 23.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Nexvio Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Countdown Theme $0.00
- Silent Film Theme $0.00
- Light Leak Theme $0.00
- 8mm Pro $9.99
- 8mm Pro $39.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.