No ads, no gimmicks, just great backgammon and acey deucey. If you liked Absolute Backgammon and Acey Deucey for the desktop, you will like this version too - same great backgammon.
Works with iOS 8.0 and later
Designed for the iPad, but now works on the iPhone 5 and later. Absolute Backgammon is a full featured backgammon game that contains both backgammon and acey deucey. You can play against a computer opponent (5 skill levels) or against another person on the same device or another person on a different device using bluetooth.
Board Design: Marco Olivares - STUDIOMARCOLI
You can download a manual from the website - bestbackgammon.com
• Works on the iPad and iPhone 5 to the latest iPhone
• Play Backgammon or Acey Deucey
• Play against the Computer
• Play against another person on the same device
• Play against another person on a different device using Bluetooth
• Play against a friend over the internet (beta feature)
• Match Play when playing against the computer backgammon opponent
• 5 skill levels
• Keeps game and sessions statistics as well as running/cumulative statistics.
• 3 different methods for moving the piece
• Gives suggestions for moves
• Gives Doubling Cube Advice
• Save your game to finish later
• Switch board direction and colors
• Helpful messages during play
• Can choose to have messages spoken
• Change the speed of piece movement
• Beaver option supported
• Jacoby rule optional
• Option to not allow backgammons
• Choice of shorter dice sound for faster play
• Can adjust the sound level of for the game
• Shows the last moves for the computer using arrows
• Option to show possible moves when a piece is touched
• Plus more...
• Plus more to be added later.
• in Acey Deucey, after roll to see who moves first, the ? icon will display the roll for each player
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Is it me or does the computer roll an incredible amount of doubles constantly? Also, if there are 4 spaces open for me to get back in you can be sure I will roll the wrong ones all the time. Isn’t there a backgammon game that you can play with the computer that has truly random rolls?
I never play against the computer so I don’t have to deal with the issues I’m reading about the computer cheating. I purchased this game to play against friends remotely and it works fairly well remotely. My only issue and it sounds like I’m the only one that has this issue. More times than not the player who picks white statistically over multiple games gets the better rolls. At first I thought okay the person I’m playing for lucky a few times and got the perfect rolls right when they needed them. But it was happening too often. Not every time but more times than not. Finally I started keeping track of the doubles and acey deucy rolls and it’s about 30-70 and I played different friends about 100 times. I didn’t get this to play the computer only to play friends remotely. I know there can be a certain amount of luck to a game I just want to feel it’s more of a random roll and that isn’t the case. I still give it 3 stars.
Unbelievable bad reviews
This is an excellent game and I unreservedly recommend it.
To the people writing bad reviews (neophytes or competitors), I say learn about probability. And/or grow up! Some of you sound like beginning players or children. “That word is not in the dictionary, or he cheated, etc.” Why should David cheat? Is that what you call refining an algorithm? He is a conscientious programmer that has always been responsive to sorting out problems and making improvements on his excellent program. What more can one ask for?
If you still feel that something underhanded is going on, I would be happy to play you for money, and you could check out your abilities with a human player. Absolute Backgammon still often thrashes me on the highest level, it is relentless.
Thank you David, and keep on doing great work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.