No ads, no gimmicks, just great backgammon and acey deucey. If you liked Absolute Backgammon and Acey Deucey for the desktop, you will like this version too - same great backgammon.
Works with iOS 8.0 and later
Designed for the iPad, but now works on the iPhone 5 and later. Absolute Backgammon is a full featured backgammon game that contains both backgammon and acey deucey. You can play against a computer opponent (5 skill levels) or against another person on the same device or another person on a different device using bluetooth.
Board Design: Marco Olivares - STUDIOMARCOLI
You can download a manual from the website - bestbackgammon.com
• Works on the iPad and iPhone 5 to the latest iPhone
• Play Backgammon or Acey Deucey
• Play against the Computer
• Play against another person on the same device
• Play against another person on a different device using Bluetooth
• Play against a friend over the internet (beta feature)
• Match Play when playing against the computer backgammon opponent
• 5 skill levels
• Keeps game and sessions statistics as well as running/cumulative statistics.
• Gives suggestions for moves
• Gives Doubling Cube Advice
• Save your game to finish later
• Switch board direction and colors
• Helpful messages during play
• Can choose to have messages spoken
• Change the speed of piece movement
• Beaver option supported
• Jacoby rule optional
• Option to not allow backgammons
• Choice of shorter dice sound for faster play
• Can adjust the sound level of for the game
• Shows the last moves for the computer using arrows
• Option to show possible moves when a piece is touched
• Plus more...
• Plus more to be added later.
• on the iPhone, if the computer opponent conceded, could not accept or decline it unless hit the home button then started the app again. Fixed.
• on the iPhone, at the end of the game, it was possible to keep touching and get another turn before the computer opponent got his.
Ratings and Reviews
Is it me or does the computer roll an incredible amount of doubles constantly? Also, if there are 4 spaces open for me to get back in you can be sure I will roll the wrong ones all the time. Isn’t there a backgammon game that you can play with the computer that has truly random rolls?
Unbelievable bad reviews
This is an excellent game and I unreservedly recommend it.
To the people writing bad reviews (neophytes or competitors), I say learn about probability. And/or grow up! Some of you sound like beginning players or children. “That word is not in the dictionary, or he cheated, etc.” Why should David cheat? Is that what you call refining an algorithm? He is a conscientious programmer that has always been responsive to sorting out problems and making improvements on his excellent program. What more can one ask for?
If you still feel that something underhanded is going on, I would be happy to play you for money, and you could check out your abilities with a human player. Absolute Backgammon still often thrashes me on the highest level, it is relentless.
Thank you David, and keep on doing great work.
Better than most
Yes, the computer has more than it’s fair share of doubles, but with enough skill you can still beat it 35% of the time. Because the app developer knows a lot of good strategy its a good challenge for really good players. I just wish he would write the same version app that’s completely fair without any computer advantages. I’d be willing to pay almost anything for an app like that!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.