AC Transit (Official) 4+
Alameda Contra Costa Transit District
Designed for iPhone
Plan, ride & connect with Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District (AC Transit), using the official mobile app for bus travel in the Bay Area in California. User-friendly features include real-time arrival predictions, mobile ticketing options, and direct connection to customer service. In addition, the AC Transit Official Mobile App can be used to locate bus stops, bookmark favorite lines, and submit lost and found details. Download the official mobile app today and enhance your transit experience with AC Transit.
- Display vehicle id for each vehicle
- Delete all user’s data when Delete All Data is pressed
- Fix the sorting of predictions by line and direction
- Search by line - Implemented if API does not return data in the first attempt, the app will make two more attempts to get the data
- Resolve favorite spinner issue
- Resolve refresh bus stops spinner issue
- Resolve the null prediction issue
- Taping on the favorite star for each prediction causing other predictions for other rows(lines) to move
Ratings and Reviews
App won’t open.
I’ve been using this app for years, but I just started having problems with it. When I click on it it opens, but immediately closes again. I deleted it and reinstalled it, then it did a software update date and tried the same thing again, to no avail. It just won’t work.
Unreliable and Infuriating
This app could be so helpful, but it’s riddled with issues that make it slow and painful to use, an unreliable to the point of not trusting any of the live bus information. You may as well just use a PDF of the bus schedule. The app freezes as soon as you open it, it regularly clears out your favorite routes, and sometimes gives inaccurate live bus tracking that can lead to missing the bus. You’d think AC Transit could allocate some of the massive subsidies provided by business owners towards a functional app.
Don't waste your time – install a multi-agency transit app instead
What do you expect from a transit agency that has been declining for decades? The app was slow and clunky to begin with, but as of the last update, it can't find any bus stops near me (there's one right at my doorstep), so it has stopped showing any bus schedules at all!
The no bus stops problem recurred in January, 2022, and the only solution seems to be to uninstall and reinstall the app.
I wish it were possible to uninstall AC Transit and the incompetents who work there.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alameda Contra Costa Transit District
- 41.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 AC Transit