BART Watch: Free Security App for Riders.
The BART Watch App offers the public a quick and discreet method for reporting suspicious activity directly to BART Police. The app can send pictures, text messages, and locations of suspicious people or activities. From the home screen, users have two easy options for contacting BART Police:
* The “Report a Problem” button allows users to send text or photos directly to BART Police. To ensure discretion, the camera flash is automatically disabled when photos are taken through the app. When reporting an issue, users can select locations and report categories to assist BART Police. Riders can also send reports anonymously if they chose.
* The “Call BART Police” button will connect customers directly to BART Police.
The application is designed for BART. If you send a report in an area without cellular connectivity, it will be stored and sent when connectivity returns. The system is also designed to send text messages before pictures so that BART Police can get app reports as quickly as possible.
BOLO (Be On the Look Out) Alerts. BOLO Alerts on the BART Watch App may display alerts from BART Police about specific persons of interest. For example, BART Watch may display information about a missing person or child, such as where they were last seen. If you see a person from a BOLO, immediately call 911 and send an app report to BART Police discreetly.
Help keep BART safe, "See something, Say something."
Ratings and Reviews
Station agent was unwilling to help me paying for parking. I am an 80 year old woman with luggage and a disabled placard. I hope I don’t get a ticket because I was unable to find out how to pay. This happened on9/7 at 2:10 at the Orinda Bart station. I am using this platform because I couldn’t find any other place on your website to report this.
Watch your copyrighted materials!
Loaded the app and it worked for a few days, then a License & Privacy agreement b s popped up, system won’t accept it. Deleted app and reloaded, now only the L&P comes up and it won’t accept it.
So utterly useless!!!
mentor of UC Mentor Network, Plug and Play Technology Center, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Accelerator, U.S. National Labs Entrepreneurship Academy and mentor inof Business and Economic Development's Small Business Technical Assistance Expansion Program. Prior to actively working with startups, he held senior management positions with four successful technology startups, two went IPO and two were acquired. He has helped to build many successful small businesses. Mr. Wong is also a member of Ontario, Canada PV Caucus. Ontario, Canada PV Caucus is a working body that provides influential inputs to the government to shape solar photovoltaic governmental industry-wide regulation and policy. Mr. Wong was Chairman of the IEEE Computer Society Santa Clara Valley Chapter for five years.
The app is an illusion to actual police work
1) unless it’s an actual crime where there’s physical harm or something really bad, this app works for that. If you want to report someone playing their music loud, smoking, smoking meth, any other “low level” offenses, BART will respond with, “well if our officers don’t witness this first hand, there’s nothing they can do.” Essentially the app creates an illusion that the police will actually respond to broken window type annoyances on BART. They’re substituting the app to make up for the lack of patrolling and enforcement on the trains.
2) the app needs data service to send out your concern. Reception in the tunnels during commute time is non-existent. So why have an app if it won’t work during the busy peak time?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Elerts Corporation
- 31.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © ELERTS Corp