AccuGo was designed to ease the day to day management of the PKU diet by providing a quick and easy way to track foods eaten. After my son was born and diagnosed with Classical PKU, I wanted to improve our speed and accuracy with calculating the daily food intake.
Phenylketonuria (PKU) is a genetic disorder in which the body can't process part of a protein called phenylalanine (phe).
This app is part of our journey with PKU, come join the journey with us!
- track Phenylalanine or Protein by changing mode in Options
- online synchronization of food records between multiple devices
- track up to four different individuals
- continues to work offline, anywhere regardless of wifi or cellular availability
- overview of day's running total of phe, exchanges and calories at a glance
- groups foods eaten together by selectable time periods (15mins, 1 hour, etc)
- copy/move/delete entries with ease
- built in calendar for easy navigation
- jump to the past to see historical entries
- historical graph shows totals over the past month
- jump to the future to plan menus in advance
- supports inline math calculations (eg. 1/3 + 1/8)
- round values up or down with a simple swipe
- automatic real-time calculation of quantity/phe/exchanges/calories as you type
- includes pre-loaded & searchable hand-picked USDA-based food items
- add your own foods and values to the database
- Community Food List provides shared items you can add to your personal food list, or share yours with the community
- track 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 25mg or 50mg exchanges
- email daily food records by date range, includes summary of average over the range
Updated for iOS 13
Fixed crash when resetting password
Ratings and Reviews
This app is extremely helpful. It's comprehensive and simple, and is almost everything you could ever want in an app like this. My one complaint is that the database is seriously lacking. Basic foods - pasta, salad dressing, coffee creamer, bread, the list goes on - all are not included and must be entered manually. Other than that, the app is an extremely useful tool and is definitely worth the 99¢.
Email food records not working
Please fix ASAP!
Great App! Use it Every Day!
I would highly recommend this AccuGo app to anyone with PKU or other dietary needs. My wife and I have been using it daily since April 2014, and find it very helpful to help manage and keep track of our son’s PKU diet. We both purchased the app for our iPhones and use her email account for the login so that we can sync the data between our phones. It is so helpful to have this tool with us at all times to keep his diet records and to look up food items and their PHE and calorie content. It also has great export features for emailing the data and history so that we can have a record to share with his dietician.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.