Quickly view HTML for webpages in Safari, and even tweak them!
You can share the HTML you're viewing, allowing you to easily inspect it on an external device of your choosing, or send it to a friend, or simply copy it to your clipboard.
You can edit the font if you'd like it smaller to display more information, or larger if you'd like to be able to make things out more clearly.
You can also choose to edit the contents of the webpage, allowing you to make modifications and preview how they look. Changes are not permanent, simply refresh the page in Safari to return the page to its original state after you're finished previewing your changes. (Note: you're not editing the HTML directly, rather it's a visual editor of the contents of the page)
As a bonus, it includes a variety of alternate home screen icons so you can customize the app to your liking beautifully.
Ratings and Reviews
The One Thing that would make me give this a 5 star…
There’s no linewrap option. You need to in a lot of instances for some websites scroll very far right to see most of the text.
The lack of word wrap may be a dealbreaker
Overall, this Safari extension ostensibly does what it says on the tin.
But there are three downsides that should probably be aware of, which I’ve listed below in order from least bad to most bad:
1. It isn’t great that this extension doesn’t let you configure whether to show in light mode or dark mode—it only ever follows the system setting.
2. Unless I’ve missed it somewhere, it doesn’t seem possible to be able to trigger this extension from share sheets. Now, you might be wondering why you’d ever need to do that since this extensions available through Safari‘s extensions dropdown—but if you might ever be looking at a webpage within a Safari webview (such as a webpage that you’re looking at within the Twitter app), then you know that there’s no access to the Safari’s extensions dropdown within those sorts of webviews.
3. There’s no way to enable word wrap. Which might be kind of a dealbreaker since so many sites are procedurally generated these days. So for all but the most straightforward use cases, this downside may well be a dealbreaker.
All that being said, this app has good bones and good promise. And if the developer might be able to resolve some of these downsides, it could easily become a five-star app.
This does exactly what I need it to do. It fast and easy to learn. One thing I think everyone could benefit from is being able to edit a photo as well. Being able to replace an image with another and continue editing the webpage would make this app even better! Overall I will be a lifetime user for sure.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christian Selig
- 21.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Christian Selig 2021
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.