The original AdBlock - the first and last ad-blocker you'll ever need. A one time purchase - no subscriptions needed. We've been blocking ads on iPhones and iPads since 2012 - we know our game! :)
AdBlock allows you to block ads on your iOS device. Get rid of 99% of annoying popups, banners and video ads. Protect your privacy, limit bandwidth use, speed up your device, save battery and drastically improve your day-to-day iOS experience.
The most important advantages of AdBlock are:
• AdBlock comes with a local DNS proxy service built-in. Use it to see which domains you're device is contacting. Create your own rules and assign any IP to any domain, right on your device. You can (and should!) bootstrap this feature with rules found online.
• AdBlock has enhanced DNS proxy rules export and import function. Share DNS proxy rules with other users, easily import rules found on the Internet.
• AdBlock comes with a Safari Content Blocker to block ads on websites in Safari.
• AdBlock allows you to create your own list of domains and synchronize your rules between all your devices using iCloud.
• AdBlock allows you to protect your privacy by blocking mobile trackers. Prevent Internet trackers from recording your online activity and selling your private data.
• AdBlock does not send your Internet traffic through any remote server. All of your connections stay direct, fast and secure. Ads are blocked right on your device!
• Setting up AdBlock is simple! Just download the app, and follow the tutorial to set everything up. When in doubt - contact our support!
• AdBlock automatically updates to the latest version of the filters on every app run. We keep the ad servers database up-to-date for you.
• AdBlock works with Wi-Fi and cellular networks. You don't need to set it up separately for every network you use.
• AdBlock comes with a handy widget to quickly change the DNS proxy status when needed.
Looking for support? Contact our dedicated support line directly from the app - we'll help you out with the proper setup and answer all the questions you might have.
This version contains bug fixes. Please consider updating to iOS 14.7, as it solves most of the blocking issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t hesitate to buy this
I usually don’t write reviews for apps because I’m generally not too impressed by most of them. In this case, however, I had to write a review.
I started using this app almost a year ago and was very happy with it as it worked to block ads 95% of the time in my games, apps, sites, etc. Recently, Apple decided for some stupid reason that AdBlock wasn’t allowed to block ads in the way they had been doing after it had been on the store for probably a year or more. Why Apple did that is just plain idiotic after so many people paid for this app and the developer depends upon Apple not destroying their app.
I figured this meant AdBlock would cease to function at all and I’d be back to ad-Armageddon on my phone. I’m glad I was wrong! This new DNS based ad blocking is phenomenal and in my experience it is now blocking all ads in every app I’ve tried so far, I don’t believe I’ve seen a single ad yet. The user interface is extremely well polished and the options are very flexible. The built in DNS logging inside AdBlock also allows you to manually block an ad if it’s not caught by the preset filters.
All of this is to say, buy this app. I no longer have to sit through ridiculous 30 second long video ads in apps or have fraudulent pop ups show up saying my iPhone has a virus. The state of ads on iOS is atrocious and they seriously degrade the user experience. Thank you AdBlock for solving this!
Honestly Very Impressed
It It actually works. To be honest I really didn’t think it would. I don’t need another ad blocker app that advertised that it would block ads on safari and in apps, but after I spent 2.99 on it, I found out that it didn’t. This one on the other hand works perfectly. Simply search the Internet for “dns list future minds ad blocker”. You’re find a Reddit Page that links to list on github. (There are several so any that seem to be updated somewhat regularly will do.) Import that list and start the ad blocker. If the ads on the website or app you want aren’t blocked, simply enable dns logging on the ad blocker app, then open the dns log right after the ad pops up and block the links on the top of the list. Boom. It took me about 5 mins to block the stubborn ones. Most of them were gone as soon as I imported the list from github.
Ok so, I downloaded this app thinking it would stop the random videos popping up throughout the games I am playing. My friend recommended me the app. I paid for it with a gift card I had acquired, and I’m 75% sure that it charged me twice.
My friend stated that the app removed many different videos in games she also plays. I downloaded the app, and I find that there is no difference. I would appreciate it if the developers gave me my money back, and I remove the app. Throughout the reviews they seem pretty well, but I saw one that says Apple stopped them from blocking the ads. Which is dumb? I’m paying money to block the ads, then the developers of the games I play make more money off of me? I feel cheated, but I can deal.
I gave it a three star review, 1) because I think I was charged twice, and 2) because I don’t believe that this app quenched my needs. People seem to be blaming Apple for that, so I guess I will as well. Also this is the first review I’ve ever written, so I apologize if its a mess. Grammar is difficult.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Future Mind, Sp. z o.o.
- 25.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2021 eLOT Sp. z o. o.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.