AdGuard is an ultra-efficient ad blocker for Safari. It will not only remove annoying ads but also secure your privacy with advanced tracking protection. AdGuard for iOS is an open source app, it’s totally transparent and safe to use.
- Safari ad blocking. Removes all kinds of ads in Safari. Say goodbye to annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads. Whitelist your favorite websites or use manual blocking tool to hide any element on the page.
- Privacy protection. The web is full of trackers that literally watch your every click. AdGuard offers a selection of filters aimed directly at trackers and web analytics that will ensure your private data stays that way.
- Speed acceleration. Safari browser runs up to 4x faster. AdGuard removes tons of rubbish and you can freely surf the web!
- Reduced traffic consumption and increased battery life. Banners and ads sometimes add up to half the size of the page. By blocking them, you’re saving your battery life and Wi-Fi/mobile traffic.
- More than 50 popular subscriptions (EasyList, EasyPrivacy, etc.) plus AdGuard's own powerful ad filters, including language-specific filters. Together they don't leave ads a chance.
ADGUARD PRO FEATURES
AdGuard Pro includes the following features:
- Custom filters. Add your own filters by URL even if they are not on the default list.
- DNS privacy. Blocking regular online trackers is not enough if you want to assure 100% protection of your online privacy. Choose any of the user-favorite DNS providers or configure a custom DNS server.
- Security filters. Protect yourself from dangerous websites riddled with cryptojacking or fraud.
AdGuard is a leading company in developing ad blocking software for multiple platforms. For more than ten years AdGuard has been helping millions of users enjoy safe, clean, and fast internet.
Follow us at @AdGuard on Twitter, facebook.com/AdGuardEn/ on FB or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new version features native DNS support that you’ve asked for. Besides, we added low-level settings (i.e., Fallback and Bootstrap servers) — hopefully, tech savvies will appreciate it.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Makes iDevices usable again
I’ve been using AdGuard on my iDevices as well as my Windows laptops for several years. As far as iDevices go, it is an absolute must-have application. If the app weren’t available, Im confident my browsing and app usage would decrease significantly because publishers have crossed the line with serving network-heavy ads as well as collecting our data to serve targeted ads.
While I understand the necessity to generate revenue from online ads, the desperation and proliferation of anti-ad block tools doesn’t create any sympathy from my end.
For the app itself, those with knowledge of networking will love it. Those without will have some learning curve or won’t be able to leverage its advanced tools.
There appears to be a bug that freezes the app and display when using the on-demand visual ad blocking option in Safari. Usually the only option for me is to refresh the screen to abort or occasionally the “X” works to close the pop up altogether. Overall I love the app and it’s been a tremendous asset to me.
There is also unexplained and mysterious background activity occurring when I’m not using the device. I suspect this may be a consequence of the app monitoring DNS but I want to make sure it isn’t costing me battery life.
Developer Response ,
Hi! I think it would be much easier to communicate via support team. Just write a letter from the app and guys will provide you with info you want to know. Thanks a lot!
This is the most comprehensive ad/tracker blocking solution I’ve ever used (I’ve used many other “content blockers”... WeBlock comes close but lacks some of AdGuard Pro’s key features)
The ability to choose from a variety of block lists has proved to be very useful. I found the best combo of lists for my needs after a day or two of internet use. The system-wide privacy module is great as well (the VPN feature). I’ve only enabled the three suggested hosts lists (might be overkill) and I notice that many of my apps now exclude ads (like banner ads in Pandora, Speedtest, and games).
Best of all is the ability to see the log of what connections my device has been making in order to diagnose which additional ad/tracker connections I want to block. It’s also great just to see how many trackers I’m avoiding now! I’ve been told trackers slow down overall load times so that’s a major plus.
Only downside for me is with the speed of the custom DNS service choices (which isn’t AdGuard’s fault). I was really hoping the Google DNS or OpenDNS services would help with response times, but I’ve found that sticking to the default system DNS option yields the fastest page response times, so I don’t use this feature.
Overall an amazingly feature-rich application which I couldn’t live without on both my iPhone and Mac! Highly recommend.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We'll do our best to keep up great work! Your feedback is highly appreciated:)
Powerful and feature heavy ad blocker
One of the biggest problem that I have with most ad blockers, is that they provide little to no features/customizability. Some of the more popular iPhone ad blockers are Purify, BlockBear, AdBlock by FutureMind, 1Blocker, and AdGuard. I believe that right above 1Blocker, AdGuard sits highest on the throne of “Best Ad Blocker”. (I honestly would not recommend any ad blocker for iOS other than 1Blocker and/or AdGuard)
AdGuard provides the user with MANY ad block lists that vary in rules, which more than what most ad blockers offer/provide—most only provide the option to enable ad blocking but don’t even allow you to enable other ad lists that could help block ads. You can even add you own rules. And one of the big features that AdGuard provides is that of DNS Servers, that are preconfigured to block different things.
AdGuard is more/provides more options and control than most ad blockers give.
Though I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the app, there are two thing that I wish were added. The first is the ability to add custom ad blocking lists, just as AdBlock by FM allows you to add more via urls. The second is make it possible to create custom rules that are as complex as the ones that can be created on the computer version of AdGuard (e.g. csp syntax, extended CSS selectors, etc.)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Performiks OOO
- 77.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Belarusian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Adguard Software Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.