The Air NZ app – your trusted travel companion – lets you:
• Take control of your flight bookings – change your seat, add a bag, manage your meals, and more.
• Check in online, from anywhere, and access your digital boarding pass in the app, or add it to Apple Wallet.
• Scan your digital boarding pass to print bag tags at the kiosk, board your aircraft, and if you're eligible, enter the Air New Zealand lounge.
• Hold up to 9 boarding passes for your group or family under the same booking. Bookings with infants can't currently be supported.
• Have real-time flight info at your fingertips with up-to-date gate and seat info, boarding and departure times, and more.
• Receive notifications with key flight information – you'll never miss a beat.
• Order coffee from your phone, and we'll let you know when it's ready to collect. Air New Zealand lounge access required.
• Purchase travel-related services such as travel insurance, parking, airport taxis and shuttles, hotels, and rental cars.
• Track your Airpoints Dollars™ and Status Points balances, view your benefits and latest activity, or access your digital Airpoints™ card straight from your phone, plus find Airpoints Partners to help you earn Airpoints Dollars every day.
• Access and use your digital Koru card when you have a Koru membership.
• Access quick links to book or change flights on the fly.
• Stay organised – add flight details to your calendar, and share them with others.
Things not as effortless as they could be? We'd love to hear from you. Use the 'Help and Feedback' menu in the Air NZ app to see your options.
• Personalised Booking Names: Now you can add a personal touch to your travel experience by assigning a name to each booking in the Air NZ app. Easily identify and manage your trips with customised labels for a more tailored and organised journey.
• New Zealand Traveller Declaration (NZTD): access the New Zealand Traveller Declaration directly from the More menu within the Air NZ app.
Ratings and Reviews
Airpoints and service
I always fly air new Zealand at least two to three times a year minus the Covid years in which I was unable to fly . I always book premium economy aisle seat and pay for it , my way there from Los Angelo’s to Auckland went fine with no problems , however on my return I was very upset to learn that my seat had been changed from 24j to 27 E
In the middle
I have bathroom issues that is why I like aisle seating I asked the gentleman to kindly give me back my original seat however he wouldn’t and made it a big deal and was not the least helpful when I explained my situation he just went on to say the flight was sold out , I was so upset that I didn’t eat or drink anything on the way home so I wouldn’t have to use the bathroom to embarrass myself or other passengers
I feel he could’ve showed a little compassion and try to help me out and on top of that I still haven’t gotten my airpoints or credit for my flight back to USA , I will be traveling in November and hope that I don’t get that sort of experience again
Waste of time
Just spent almost an hour trying to book via the Air NZ app. At the last moment when it was time to pay the app rejected my booking saying I need to call Air NZ to finish the booking, which will incur an additional fee. What a waste of my time as a consumer. It seems that time after time these awful companies create fat corporate cats at the expense of consumers. We constantly have to deal with increasing fees and awful wastages of time navigating websites and apps that are dysfunctional and quite frankly anger inducing. Now I have to wait for a customer service rep from Air NZ to call me back and I have to be polite to them, which I will be. But I can understand others that might yell and abuse customer service reps. It’s because Air NZ doesn’t really care about providing the best customer service possible. They only care about charging me extra dollars here and there for seat selection, an extra card fee at check out to bring my final total up a few hundred dollars. That’s what they really care about. Not us. Not the passengers. Unless you fly business or premium economy. Even with air travel it’s the haves and have nots. It’s all about money. That’s all these airlines want. What’s in my wallet. They don’t care about anyone or anything. Our time is worthless to them. Our dignity is worthless. Money talks in NZ. Nothing else matters anymore.
Nicely designed and executed.
I have found this app to be very nicely designed and useful. Many apps are just modified versions of the website, but this one actually enables me to navigate more quickly to do what I need to do, and provides timely updates on flight delays and other travel details. Some functions do send you back to their website but for routine stuff, you can get it done or get updates within the app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Air New Zealand
- 116.6 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2022 Air New Zealand Limited
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.