AirBeam turns your iDevices into a realtime audio and video surveillance system. AirBeam streams live video and audio from the cameras and microphones of iPhones, iPods, iPads. You can watch the stream on any other iDevice, Mac, Web browser or AppleTV - even on multiple screens simultaneously.
Use your iDevices as luxury babyphones, for serious surveillance, to keep an eye on your pets, a FPV cam in your remote controlled toys…there are hundreds of useful and not so useful things you can do with it. Even if you have just a single device AirBeam is an awesome tool for motion controlled video recording.
AirBeams features in detail:
* High Quality Realtime: Watch video and hear audio on your remote device in amazing quality with resolution up to Full-HD 1080p, 30 frames per second and CD quality audio. Watch and hear in realtime thanks to AirBeam's low latency encoding and transmission technology.
* Zero Configuration: No need to manually configure device addresses. AirBeam automatically discovers all AirBeam cams on your network and you can instantly watch them.
* Multi Camera, Multi Monitor: Launch as many camera devices as you want and monitor them simultaneously. Or follow a single camera on multiple screens at the same time. On an iPad you can watch up to four cameras at a time.
* Recording: Seeing or hearing something on AirBeam you want to remember? Just press the record button and the video and audio will be recorded. You can also capture still images.
* Motion and audio detection: Trigger alarms or recordings when something happens in front of the camera to create a single track of events that happened during a day.
* Dropbox integration (requires iOS>=9): Uploads recordings directly to your Dropbox account.
* Web interface: Use a browser to watch (no audio in a browser) the live video, download your recordings or adjust the camera settings.
* Two-way audio: Audio streaming works both ways so that you can also talk through the camera device.
* Full remote control: Adjust all camera settings and access to your photo and video library remotely from the monitor device.
* Virtual reality mode: Render the video stream in stereo for watching with a virtual reality headset such as the FreeFlyVR orCardboard.
* Motrr Galileo supported: Remotely pan and tilt your iPhone camera when mounted in a Galileo robotic motion platform.
* AND COMPLETELY FOR FREE: AirBeam viewer app for Mac and AppleTV available in the Mac and AppleTV AppStore.
* Best video quality is achieved when AirBeam is used within a local WiFi network. With port forwarding configured in your WiFi router it is also possible to monitor AirBeam cameras on your WiFi at home from anywhere in the Internet. Do do this you need to configure a port forwarding for port 8123 in your WiFi router - see the FAQ pages on our homepage for more details. And check your data plan, live video over cellular consumes quite some bandwidth...
* Please consider regulations for video surveillance in your country.
* Optimised for iOS15
* Update to latest Dropbox SDK
* Small bugfixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Confirmed working July 2019
App works on an iPhone 6s acting as the camera monitored by an iPad 4 and a 2012 MBP. Tremendous lag using the AirBeam apps on the monitoring devices, this is easily fixed by accessing the IP address of the phone in the browsers on the monitors. No lag in the browser.
Successfully controlled camera shutter and video capture remotely from the iPad. Have not tested audio. Have not tested further camera settings control. Motion sensor didn’t seem to immediately intuitively work but haven’t thoroughly tested so by no means conclude it doesn’t work. The iPhone did not provide the correct IP address to access at first. After going into settings to get the IP the IP overlay updates to the correct one.
It is rather seamless, certainly works and is worth the money. More features than I need (just wanted a remote shutter for the phone). Tons of features. Read the detailed review from February 2019 (using the app to answer the far away phone on the nearby iPad-neat!).
Very nice interface and sharp video
I use this app for Energy Auditing and I was considering paying over a hundred dollars for a cheap WIFI monitor with bad resolution to perform what we call "Worst Case CAZ tests". Since I already have an iPhone and use my iPad for Auditing, I thought it would be wonderful to find an app where my iPhone could be my wireless camera set up in the furnace room and I could walk around with my iPad opening and closing door in the house and remote monitoring my pressure meter's readings to see how pressure in the Furnace room was effected. This app fits the bill nicely and all I had to spend was $3.99.
Works great on an old iPhone (5s I think 🤔) as a puppy monitor. You can adjust bandwidth remotely if you have a poor connection and adjust digital aperture (or really just “brightness”) by setting the focus via the remote phone (i.e. touch dark area on screen and it refocuses and brightens). Overall, pretty solid app 👍
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Appologics UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
- 34 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Appologics
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.