With DroneVR you can take a seat in your drone and fly like a bird. DroneVR connects your phone with the drone and renders the live video stream in stereo with high quality lens distortion correction so that it can be viewed with a virtual reality headset.
Important: The free version of DroneVR supports the Ryze Tello drone. If you want support for further DJI drones you need to activate this functionality via In-App purchase. See below for a list of supported drones.
* Beautiful, configurable user interface supporting dark and light mode.
* Two different head-up displays to overlay telemetry data such as heading, speed and altitude onto the camera view in real time.
* Comprehensive head-up menu to control all drone and camera settings while flying.
* Phone camera view and mini-map to see what's happening around you and stay oriented.
* Head-tracking to control the orientation of the drone camera by moving your head ! For DJI Mavic/Phantom/Spark series head tracking is supported for camera pitch. With the DJI Inspire 1/Mavic 2 head tracking across all three axis is supported.
* Detailed flight logging of flight path, telemetry data and events. Flight logs can be synchronized with Mac via iCloud or file sharing.
* Spectator mode to link multiple phones and fly together with friends.
* Mono or stereo rendering of drone video. For stereo rendering advanced algorithms for lens distortion correction are used for high image quality.
* Highly adjustable to different VR headsets
* High definition video quality of 720p and 30 frames / second with Spark / Phantom 3 / 4 / Inspire 1 and up to 1080p with Mavic Pro / 2
* Voice control for hands-free operation.
* Supported drones: Ryze Tello (free), via in-app purchase: Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, Mavic Mini, Mavic Air 1/2, Spark, Phantom 4/ Pro/Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced/Standard/4K, Inspire 1
* To use DroneVR you need one of the above listed drones.
* To control the Ryze Tello drone you need to connect a gamepad to your phone.
* To use DroneVR in stereo mode you need a virtual reality headset where you can mount your iPhone (e.g. Homido, FreeFly VR, Zeiss VR One, Cardboard). An high PPI iPhone with a screen size of at least 5.5 inch is recommended. More information about recommended headsets can be found on our website.
* Support for the Mavic Air 2
* Increased reliability of panorama mode
* New indicator für SDK registration status in settings
* Small corrections and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very fun app
I really enjoy this app, my only recommendation is to add a map so I can tell where I am, because sometimes you go get lost and have to trigger RTH or go to DJI Go
You should allow one flight with the additional models so this app can be tested. Also, see if you could add the Tello for kids - maybe at $1.99. Great work around for the DJI Goggles though. UPDATE: Just bought the full version hoping you’ll add Tello support.
Developer Response ,
You already can do 5 mins test flights without purchasing. Simply press the "test" button on the top right corner of the purchase view for a drone. For the Tello we will examine if the developer kit provides sufficient functionality for DroneVR.
This app works flawlessly. I fly my DJI Phantom 3 Standard at it’s maximum range and the video never breaks up. It’s great having control over the amount of information displayed.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Appologics UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
- 118.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © (c) 2020 Appologics
- In-App Purchases
- DJI Phantom 3 Standard $8.99
- DJI Phantom 4 $8.99
- DJI Mavic Pro $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.