Airfoil Satellite turns your device into an audio receiver. Send any audio from your Mac with Airfoil and Airfoil Satellite!
Send audio from any app, like Music or Spotify, as well as web-based sources like Pandora and more. Hear your audio anywhere around the house!
Just connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your local Wifi network and launch Airfoil Satellite, then open up Airfoil on your Mac and start transmitting to the device!
Get Airfoil right from our site:
Airfoil Satellite: Another fine Rogue Amoeba product
* Volume adjustments once again happen instantly. Long live live volume control!
* Remote control buttons have been enlarged, for enhanced usability.
* Groups no longer incorrectly show a volume slider control.
* Minor display bugs have been corrected, including issues with volume slider knobs, as well as a problem in light mode.
* Assorted updates have been made due to the retirement of Airfoil for Windows.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has a lot of great features, such as streaming to multiple audio devices at the samence time, such as a phone to a computer or computer to phone, or connecting several speakers to several devices. This app might be ok if you need to stream the audio of your desktop to multiple iOS devices, but it has some glitches that should be fixed. The biggest one would be the audio delay from the desktop computer to the iOS device, even on a good wi-fi connection. This needs a lot of improvement because remote desktop apps such as team viewer, or chrome remote desktop, even microsoft's remote desktop client, give good audio quality that does not have a 2 second delay.
2. As the connection may become faulty at times, the pitch of the audio fluctuates slightly and a loud clicking noise can be heard.
3. After a few minutes of use, a loud white noise is present in the audio if left open long enough. If you want a reliable speaker other than playing music, I would look elsewhere, this app is not for you. However, this app does have potential, it needs a lot of work to be acceptable enough for use.
Lagged a bit before update, now lags more. Feels like a beta.
Using a MBP with Airport Extreme out multiple devices. When this app works it provides a nice experience having multiple speakers synced up throughout the house. Unfortunately it randomly glitches out under the current version, losing signal with the satellite devices and seeming to get out of sync, which sounds horrible until the app seems to fix itself.
I love the concept of this app and have high hopes the devs will continue to make it better, but at least with my current setup I will not use this with friends over due to how glitchy it is.
Perfect for a house full of older iOS devices
I had purchased the full program several years ago but never got it fully implemented. I have rediscovered how awesome it really is. I have kitchen iPad/Alexa, bedroom iPod, main living room, patio, garage all being served by Airfoil. Pretty excited for this.
FYI, the Alexa is connected via Bluetooth to my Mac Mini, which is serving as the master receiver/server, works great!
My only complaint would be about the amount of delay between pressing play/stop/next on the source device and hearing it throughout the Airfoil network. It may be due to the very old Mac Mini(2008) serving everything. The delay may cause someone to hit the button again thinking they didn’t press it correctly.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rogue Amoeba Software, Inc.
- 3.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Rogue Amoeba Software, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.