Airfoil Satellite turns your iOS device into an audio receiver. Send any audio from your Mac or PC to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, using Airfoil and Airfoil Satellite!
You'll be able to send audio from any audio app, like iTunes or Spotify, as well as web-based sources like Pandora and more. Hear your audio anywhere around the house!
Just connect your device to your local Wifi network, then open up Airfoil on your Mac or Windows machine, and start transmitting to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.
Get Airfoil right from our site:
Airfoil Satellite: Another fine Rogue Amoeba product
What's New in Airfoil Satellite 2.0:
* Airfoil Satellite now has full support for all current iOS device screen sizes.
* Airfoil Satellite's design has been updated and modernized, with an easy to navigate tab-based design, as well as many other small adjustments and improvements.
* The new “Prevent Device Sleep” option keeps Airfoil Satellite showing audio metadata, or ready to receive audio, perfect for use while your device is docked.
* The new “Show Meters” option makes it easy to hide the audio meters shown on Airfoil Satellite's “Now Playing” screen.
* The “Now Playing” screen now features a volume slider, for quickly adjusting the local playback volume.
* Several improvements to Airfoil Satellite's network connectivity have been made.
* Many other enhancements have been made. Airfoil Satellite 2.0 is a major update, and it's still free to use alongside Airfoil!
* Airfoil Satellite now requires iOS 9.0 or higher.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Lagged a bit before update, now lags more. Feels like a beta.
Using a MBP with Airport Extreme out multiple devices. When this app works it provides a nice experience having multiple speakers synced up throughout the house. Unfortunately it randomly glitches out under the current version, losing signal with the satellite devices and seeming to get out of sync, which sounds horrible until the app seems to fix itself.
I love the concept of this app and have high hopes the devs will continue to make it better, but at least with my current setup I will not use this with friends over due to how glitchy it is.
Perfect for a house full of older iOS devices
I had purchased the full program several years ago but never got it fully implemented. I have rediscovered how awesome it really is. I have kitchen iPad/Alexa, bedroom iPod, main living room, patio, garage all being served by Airfoil. Pretty excited for this.
FYI, the Alexa is connected via Bluetooth to my Mac Mini, which is serving as the master receiver/server, works great!
My only complaint would be about the amount of delay between pressing play/stop/next on the source device and hearing it throughout the Airfoil network. It may be due to the very old Mac Mini(2008) serving everything. The delay may cause someone to hit the button again thinking they didn’t press it correctly.
Pausing fixed! - Apple Watch app please...
When opening the application music stops playing, also takes awhile to connect to airfoil on my desktop. Most of the time it doesn't connect at all, and you have to close the app then reopen it. Please fix, the old remote application never stopped the music when connecting to airfoil...
Update: pausing problem now fixed. The app works perfectly now, you guys did a great job. Everything is starting to come together with 5.0, I'm starting to see the vision... lol
Now if you guys can add an Apple Watch version I would be really happy!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.