“Airpeak Flight” is a mobile app for comprehensive monitoring and management of Airpeak aircraft, remote controller, camera, and gimbal. From checking flight distance and battery usage, to adjusting camera settings, the app is designed to optimize the flight experience. The app is fully compatible with Alpha full-frame mirrorless cameras, allowing for camera adjustments during flight.
“Airpeak Flight” can be used both with manual and automated flight modes. During the “Mission Flight mode”, the app can be used to confirm the route, execute the mission, check the status of the aircraft, and monitor the equipment.
For more information about Airpeak
・Improves usability during shooting.
- Supports shutter sound notifications when shooting still images.
- Supports for still image thumbnails.
・Supports for the Pre-flight check screen display. It is now possible to check remaining camera media, and check the configuration and state of the aircraft and remote controller before starting a flight, to ensure safety while flying.
・Supports for E-mount FE PZ 16-35 mm F4 G wide-angle power zoom lenses.
- Adds as a preset under Main tuning in the Gimbal settings.
- Zoom can now be operated from the remote controller.
・Adds Airplane mode to the main gimbal control modes. In this mode, the main gimbal follows the tilt of the aircraft, so dynamic, FPV drone-style footage can be captured.
・Mission Flight has been improved to offer support for a wide variety of use cases.
- Progress can now be displayed during Mission Flight.
- Supports for resuming missions from a suspend point, even after stopping, for example, to change batteries.
- Adds a setting that points the nose of the aircraft in the direction of travel during a mission flight.
- Adds a setting that returns the aircraft to its original flight path after manual operation with the remote controller during a mission flight.
- Adds a feature that prevents the aircraft from getting too close to upright structures when shooting them during a mission flight.
- When the flight path has been changed due to manual operation, the new flight path is now displayed.
・Improves an issue whereby the frame rate of videos would drop when transferred due to signal interference.
・Improves the FPV gimbal angle display in Follow mode.
・Improves geomagnetic anomaly notifications before and during flights.
・Makes it so that Auto shooting won't occur when Camera directions and shooting is set to Manual.
Use after updating to the latest system software for the aircraft and the remote controller.
The settings that can be displayed or configured differ according to the camera model. Please refer to the release notes in the website for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
So clean and keeps getting better
The app functions so well and I’ve never experienced a crash though I’m sure it can happen. I really like how new features keep getting added. My only hopes is one day they enable mission creation within the app. Sony knocked it out of the park with this drone and they listen to customer feedback!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sony Group Corporation
- 200.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Sony Group Corporation