AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.
AirPlayer can access media files on your Windows 7 directly. view http://www.edavs.com/forum/ for more details.
AirPlayer can stream movies from a NAS to your AppleTV 2 without iTunes!
view http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXM2PcBVos for more details.
Videos on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpHfRJCap0w
- Automated media server discovery on local network, also with a refresh function.
- You can add server manually, then you can watch your movies outside the house.
- With iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPod generation 3 32G/64G, iPod 4G and iPad, you can stream almost any formats of video from your media server, XVID, AVI, RMVB, MKV, MOV, MP4, M4V etc.
- With iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPod generation 3 32G/64G, iPod 4G and iPad, you can stream almost any formats of music from your media server, MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC etc.
- With eailer iPhone/iPod , You can use QuickTime plugin to view limited media formats, MOV, MP4, M4V, MP3, WMA, MP3, AAC.
- Support photo browser.
- Support photo thumbnails.
- Support showing snapshot of the media file. [need server provide]
- Support search function.
- Support Airplay feature.
Media Servers that have tested working
- Mac OS
MediaLink, TwonkyMediaServer, PS3 media server, Majestic, EyeConnect, Vuze, Playback, iSedora, Orb, TVMOBiLi
Windows7, XBMC, TVersity, TwonkyMediaServer, Wild Media Server, Asset UPnP, FreeMi, Serviio, SAMSUNG PC Share Manager, Mezzmo, UIStream, Nero media home media server,TVMOBiLi, KooRaRoo
MediaTomb, FUPPES, uShare, Coherence, TVMOBiLi, Minidlna streamer
HP MediaSmart Server[with twonkey media server], Synology DS101, DS106J, DS-207+, Iomega, QNAP, LaCie, thecus 3200,FreeNAS, Buffalo, Western Digital My Book Live, Linksys NAS 2000, NETGEAR ReadyNAS Duo, Linksys media hub, D-Link DNS32, Linksys E3000, LG N2A2, eTrayZ, ZYXEL NAS210, Panasonic Blu Ray Disc Recorders DMR-BS885, mycloud-duo
Sony Ericsson C905, orb live for iPhone/iPad
Don't have a UPnP/DLNA media server? Get one from the URLs below:
- Mac OS
PS3 media server, http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/downloads/list
Wild Media Server, http://www.wildmediaserver.com/
Asset UPnP, http://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm
SAMSUNG PC Share Manager, http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/BD-C6900/XAA
By the way, If the media server you are using not works with AirPlayer, please write a mail to us, we will consider to add supportive for it.
1. Why I can't play the files listed in AirPlayer?
If you can get the file list but you can't play the file, make sure you have disabled the transcoding function in the server side.
2. How to add media server manually?
You need to input your media server’s description address to add the media server manually, then you can watch your movies when you outside your house
*Twonky media server.
*PS3 media server
If you have added other media server successfully, tell us!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
1. iOS 9 Support.
2. Add Seek/Volume/Brightness gesture.
3. Improve performance.
4. Some bug fix.
Ratings and Reviews
Access from internet
It would be great if you can use this to access your NAS server from outside. Not just in your home LAN.
I've had this app for ages to use with my tversity server. Worked perfect. For about two years. With this update, for some reason when I select songs. Each one starts at 11 seconds in. So that's no good. Then if I hit the lock button after selecting a song. It skips like crazy. Can you please tell me why you took a perfectly good working app (that I paid for) and turned it into a pile of crap? I'd give less than one star if I could. But don't buy this app. It used to be good. It's not anymore.
Plays PS3 Media Server files
This is the only app I've found that plays PS3 Media Server videos from my iMac, and it works well.
The only thing I wish it had is the ability to show thumbnail photos alongside the video titles (like it does from a PS3).
The developer, Suzhou Totoro Network Technology Co., Ltd., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Suzhou Totoro Network Technology Co., Ltd.
- 47 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Breton, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © olimsoft
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.