Al Jazeera English for iPhone and iPad brings you curated top stories, live and on-demand video and personalisation, free of charge. Follow our global coverage of the topics and programmes that interest you and share your favourite stories and videos on popular social networks.
Features of this app:
- Breaking news alerts and special coverage notifications
- A curated home screen that brings you the top stories and original reporting from our global news network
- A personal Newsfeed for quick access to Saved Stories, Topics and Programmes that interest you
- 24-hour access to our live video and audio stream
- Watch the latest episodes from your favourite programmes and news on-demand
- All the latest news, features, opinions and blogs from Al Jazeera English
- Browse and follow Topics, Programmes and News Categories
- Search our complete archive of content
- Share stories on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and more
Note: Some video content of Al Jazeera English is not available in the US. This app features content from Al Jazeera English.
Bug fixes to resolve application crashes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Unbiased, raw, and educating
As an American, it’s difficult to find an unbiased, raw, and real journalistic approach that features life as it is in the rest of the world. This is what REAL news looks like- honest coverage of topics most Americans have remained blissfully unaware of or ignorant to. Always enlightening; highlighting the struggles, trials, and tribulations of peoples in turmoil with un-scathing honesty. AJ America undoubtedly outshines media outlets such as Faux news, CNN, and NBC news. It’s a broad spectrum international news site that will open your eyes to world atrocities spanning the entirety of the globe.
Fast, accurate, least biased
I have tried a myriad of sources for my news, but they have all been opinionated. Aljazeera has also got one of the most impressive turnarounds for finding and reporting news stories as they occur. Still take some articles with a grain of salt, if they show bias, which isn’t often, it’s very slight and it’s left leaning. Of course that’s not including their opinion articles, but those are clearly labeled. Aljazeera also covers a variety of different world issues which makes them consistently interesting, there’s always something written about one my interests.
PS: I did wish in their opinion articles they would include some slightly more conservative ideas, especially regarding Israel. If they already offer those, I been able to sort through the stories to find any.
After being so disgusted with typical mainstream media in the U.S., I decided to give AlJazeera a try-a third party perspective if you will. And it’s been such a breath of fresh air. I so appreciate getting thorough stories on current events without the rhetoric. Editorials are where they belong-in the editorial section, and even with those, I appreciate the viewpoints. I appreciate the global news coverage and stories to get me out of this self-centered political hell we find ourselves in here in the U.S. Thank you for your coverage that reiterates the U.S. is not the center of the universe no matter how much the politicians would have us believe so. Two thumbs up! Keep up the great work!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Al Jazeera Network
- 186.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2013 Al Jazeera Media Network
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.